Imagine every online customer dealt with your single most effective sales ambassador
Sr. Software Engineer (RoR)$80k – $140k
Ready to write the best chapter of your career? XSELL Technologies is an artificial intelligence company
focused on increasing sales. Our cloud-based machine learning engine uses predictive analytics and
natural language processing to equip sales professionals with the best real-time responses, driving
improved conversion rates and customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our high performing,
collaborative culture. We are passionate about our product, our clients, and our industry leading
XSELL is currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to serve as a key member of our development team..
This role will work within the SAFe Agile framework of continuous delivery, provide leadership and
guidance to junior developers, and be a critical resource for our growing development staff.
● Design and implement full stack applications/services/tools/script for pipelines running in AWS
and other cloud services
● Work closely with technical product managers and data scientists to design, implement, test
highly scalable automated solutions.
● Participate in design reviews, code reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers.
● Participate in architecture and design efforts with the team members and/or across multiple
● Automate deployment processes and provide adequate test coverage by utilizing test
● Mentor junior engineers to develop quality code and review the design/code
● Respond to internal customers issue requests
Background & Qualifications
In order to be successful, you will need the following:
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 5+ years of software development experience
● 2+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails
● IT Project and Management principles and techniques (SAFe Agile)
● Backend: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Python and Flask
● Frontend: VueJS, jQuery
● Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
● Infrastructure: AWS, Linux
● Deployment: Capistrano, Ansible
● Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to lead the development of a product or large project
● Ability to create project specs and identify roadblocks before writing code
● Set coding standards and creates standard processes
● Focused on writing clean, readable, and testable code
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. XSELL
fosters an entrepreneurial, results driven work environment where you will have the opportunity to be
part of a collaborative, inclusive team and be able to grow and develop your professional career.
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall
be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital
status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
XSELL Technologies at a glance
XSELL Technologies focuses on Mobile, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Artificial Intelligence, and Sales. Their company has offices in Chicago, Madison, and West Chicago. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.