Bringing people together to live memorable going out experiences
Backend Developer€35k – €45k
Xceed is a venture-backed startup headquartered in Barcelona on a mission to facilitate the interaction between people and businesses around music experiences, and to transform the way millions of people access nightlife events worldwide.
Recognised as the Apple top 100 Apps of 2016 in the World and the fastest growing company in Spain according to Tech5 last year, our team puts Technology & Design at the core of the company culture. As such, every member of the team is involved in the product development activities having a real impact in the company.
Who we need
Currently we are on the lookout for a talented Backend Developer with proven experience in Symfony2 / Symfony3 to join the team in our winning HQ in Barcelona.
What you will do
Our tech team is at the heart of our customer happiness and thus our success as a business. Your role as the Backend Developer in this critical team will include:
• Contributing to product growth and developing new functionalities using the newest technologies
• Applying the standard methodologies of clean code, testing, and coding standards
• Taking part into the design of the API for our React front-end and our iOS and Android native apps
• Using your knowledge to improve the existing code and functionalities
• Adopting DDD and CQRS software architectures
• Maintaining test process documentation
• Creating unit tests for everything and functional tests for critical parts
• Using and improving our AWS infrastructure
• Managing test servers, deployments, networks and databases
• Improving our database performance by refactoring queries or moving to NoSQL data storages (such as DynamoDB, ElasticSearch or Redis)
• Understanding and contributing to CD and CI procedures
• Using our metrics tools to analyse the system performance in order to improve our user experience
• Moderation is fatal
• Taste everything
• Have no plan B
• Don’t ask if the party is going to be fun
• You have strong knowledge in Symfony2 / Symfony3
• You are an expert in object-oriented programming in PHP 7
• You posses in-depth knowledge of MySQL
• You are familiar with building RESTful web services
• You are experienced with version control systems (such as GIT)
• You are an agile principles adopter
Bonus points for
• Proficiency in English
• Skills in NoSQL (ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB)
• Knowledge of DDD and CQRS
• Knowledge in HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap3
• Experience with AWS (EC2, VPC, lambda, SQS)
• Setup and usage of CD/CI techniques - Docker
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Why Xceed will be your favorite team
• Flexible working hours with the possibility of remote office several times per month
• Ticket Restaurant (a restaurant card), Parking, a Pet-friendly office
• Transparent, dynamic and fun company culture with linear management and short decision-making lines
• A talented, curious and passionate team that is also friends outside the working hours
• Casual, young and multicultural mindset
• A completely new, trendy and luminous office located at 22@ - The Innovation District of Barcelona
• A premium WeWork membership – access any WeWork office around the world
• Free breakfast every Monday, free coffee, tea and beer all week
• Happy Hour every Thursday on our rooftop terrace & Team Getaways
• Yoga, external speakers and other activities in the building
• Relax areas & table football in the open air
• Free tickets for every party in town
• Autonomy, vast opportunities to learn and grow
• Space to give your ideas and experiment
At Xceed we offer equal opportunities - all qualifying applications will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Meet your team
Unlimited remote working days
Travelling or needing a day of home office? No problem, we aim for flexibility to suit everybody's differing lifestyles.
Yes, you read right, holidays in Xceed are unlimited for all :)
Edenred restaurant card to cover your daily lunches (or dinners, or drinks outside of work).
Please, bring your dog, cat, turtle, etc. with you to work!
Bbqs, beach volley, ibiza trips, christmas dinners, calçotadas, etc.
Depending on the season.
Xceed at a glance
Xceed focuses on Music, Big Data, Nightlife, and Event Management. Their company has offices in Barcelona, Milan, and Lyon. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Xceed has raised $3.045M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.