Pre-conception preparation company
Marketing Lead$80k – $90k • No equity
What we’re building
Xandara is a first of its kind pre-conception company that offers nutritional & lifestyle support products to help couples proactively prepare their bodies to conceive.
Currently, 1 in 8 couples struggles to get pregnant. Fertility services comprise a ~$20B global market, growing at a 9% CAGR. This is a large and growing problem and the current solutions are woefully inadequate. Given this, the CDC has called infertility a “public health concern”. In their search for solutions, they found that the best way to reduce infertility is through better pre-conception care. Xandara was built for exactly this purpose.
We help couples prepare for pregnancy like they prepare for every other important milestone (e.g., wedding, career) - with a lot of forethought, planning and support. We have so much more control over our fertility than we’ve been led to believe by well-meaning doctors, friends and media...and we are here to empower couples with the content, tools and support they need to make their conception journeys better.
We recently launched our first beta product and are raising capital to fuel our expansion near-term. This is an exciting time to be in the fertility space. There is a lot of attention and capital being invested in fertility solutions and we are positioning ourselves to be the premier pre-conception company out there.
Xandara is looking for an experienced DTC marketer to join as our first marketing hire to help build our natural fertility brand.
Basically, anything that grows our top line is within your mandate. This includes but is not limited to strategic planning & execution across marketing channels (e.g., social media, PR, events), market research & analytics and brand partnerships.
As a start-up, we are looking for a true all-around athlete of the marketing function - someone who can operate with a lot of ambiguity, roll up their sleeves to get things done, wear multiple hats and learn fast / pivot as needed.
- Develop and execute against a cohesive marketing vision, working closely with the CEO
- Collaborate with branding agency on re-brand
- Develop and execute an organic reach strategy
- Develop and execute a digital marketing plan (paid acquisition)
- Develop and execute a social media strategy, including influencer outreach
- Consistently perform market research, identify trends and opportunities
- Implement and optimize email campaigns against our KPI’s
- Leverage marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google analytics) to refine decision-making
- Test and execute against performance marketing initiatives (organic, social, SEM)
- 5+ years of marketing experience, including across product, brand strategy, community building and digital marketing
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, proactive (essentially, you are excited to build something new, work in a fast-paced start-up environment and like figuring out what to do and then making it happen)
- Highly creative
- Highly analytical & data driven (e.g., marketing strategy & spend allocation across channels)
- Highly experimental, biased toward action
- Incredibly resourceful, especially given the constrained resources of a new start-up
- Interested in the health & wellness space, women’s health or fertility
- Bonus points if you've participated in a new product launch or if you've worked at another early stage start-up
- Ideally, has experience working with another DTC or e-commerce brand
- Ideally, located in the Greater NYC area (will consider remote but must be in the U.S.)