Unleash Human Potential to Maximize Company Performance
Senior Java/ Scala Engineer$75k – $120k
As the Scala Engineer on our SimplyComp team at Xactly Corporation, you’ll be an essential member of a fast moving agile development team building the latest Xactly products. You will contribute to all aspects from design and development to deployment and support working alongside product management and customer support. You’ll be responsible for taking personal ownership in both your code and others, this includes ensuring proper tests, documentation and communication around development.
Xactly’s engineering team is a tight-knit rapidly growing team with diverse backgrounds. We have people that came from startups, Fortune 500’s, and everywhere in between. We pride ourselves in building teams with diversity of opinions in order to build the best software possible. We understand that not everyone works the same way and strive to create a flexible open environment to allow you to create the work/life balance that works best for you.
THE SKILL SET
- 3 - 5 years of experience in web application development and architecture.
- Extensive experience using open source software libraries
- Strong experience in at least one MVC architecture or application of the pattern
- Solid hands on experience with Java and/ or Scala (Scala highly preferred)
- Hands on experience with one or more key-value data store such as MongoDB, Hbase or Cassandra.
- Must have built end to end continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for micro services
- Experience in an agile (Scrum) development process
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical degree or equivalent experience preferred
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL
- Become familiar with the code base, development processes, and deployments.
- Become familiar with the product as customers will use it
- You may even have your first PR approved and in production.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Become a contributor to the overall code base.
- Have PRs approved and deployed to production
- Contribute to design
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Working more autonomously and closer with product
- Helping troubleshoot issues
- Contribute new ideas to the product and development
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Become a team leader
- Be a go-to person for Scala at Xactly.
- Mentor other developers
Xactly at a glance
Xactly focuses on Enterprise Software, Technology, Incentives, and Sales Enablement. Their company has offices in Denver, San Jose, London, Toronto, and Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Xactly has raised $73.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2017.