Making self-driving a reality
Operations - Recent Graduate$45k – $60k • 0.15% – 1.5%
This is not a remote position. We are unable to sponsor visas and are looking for Toronto based candidates.
X-Matik is a Startup company focused on bringing autonomous driving capabilities to vehicles already on the road.
Our mission is to automate the world, starting from your ride. We aim to automate and connect the millions of vehicles already on the road.
If passion for your work, speed and immediate real-world results from your efforts are what you are looking for, then X-Matik maybe just right.
You will be joining a team of highly qualified engineers and scientists in helping shape the future of transportation, getting to know and being around doers, makes you a doer. Meanwhile you’ll be learning firsthand how to build a company from the ground up. We don’t want employees; we want doers and entrepreneurs in training!
This is a full-time recent graduate role.
We are looking to build our company and want you to become a building block for its foundation, therefore your commitment and long-term goals need to align with the company’s.
- Project management and coordination of product build and delivery.
- Managing the transition of the company’s products from engineering to production.
- Helping the CEO/CFO with company growth from hiring and interviews, to presentations and demonstrations.
- Producing, tracking and sourcing full BOMs from custom PCBs to mechanical hardware, interfacing with suppliers and tracking materials.
- Interface with suppliers and clients to acquire components, and to ship finished products
- Client and supplier visits that may require travel to US, EU and China.
- Managing projects that are executed by a team of engineers, managing deadlines and deliverables.
- Conducting various business development tasks to help grow the company and its business including trade shows, pitches, filming and several other marketing activities.
- Helping setup new offices, layouts for seats, networking equipment, compute resources and production flow.
- Sales activities with CFO including, sales funnel management incoming handling and reach out activities.
- Ad hoc projects as they arise in the business or engineering departments.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Extremely proficient with web-based tools such as google drive, maps, search and more.
- Experience with business development and sales an asset.
- Experienced with spreadsheets and word processing (MS office, or Google Sheets).
- Excellent with PC/Linux machines no matter the program, if you don’t know it, you should be able to learn it within hours, not days! The internet is your friend.
- Recently (past 3 years) graduated with an undergraduate degree in a related field (management, accounting, finance, sales, human resources, engineering…)
- Full G driving license.
- Extremely organized, punctual and a “go-getter”.
- Very quick to learn and curious to ask when not sure.
- Anti-procrastination (a characteristic unique to people who don’t procrastinate)
- Dedication and motivation of the highest magnitude and an alignment of goals with the company.
- Staying committed to your word and your commitments to the team.
- A people person with the capability to not just communicate, but to connect with your peers at a deeper level.
- An organizer and group communicator, with the ability to plan and gather consensus around team activities and outings.
- A great speaker with the ability to present in front of an audience and to communicate ideas effectively and concisely.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Adobe photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere an asset
- Experience with web design an asset
- Experience with social media marketing for commercial purposes an asset
- Experience with photography, filmography or documentation an asset
Depending on candidate skills and level, X-Matik offers employees a Stock Option Plan (SOP), which aims to make every employee an owner of the company. Candidates who show commitment in helping build the company, can build their financial future by being part of a growing company through the SOP, and building a nest egg for their future.
Cash compensation will depend on the level, skill and experiences of the graduate. See form for range.
Applying for a job with X-Matik is easy.
1: Start an email to: hr(AT)x-matik.com or through this website.
2: in the email body answer the following:
"why do you want this job?" and
“what have you done in your career, education or life, that makes you a better fit for this job over your colleagues, classmates and peers?”
DO NOT SEND GENERIC COVER LETTERS -> THIS IS A DISQUALIFYING MOVE
3: Attach a resume, AND a linkedin profile.
We appreciate all applicants who apply, but due to resource limitations, will only respond to candidates whose applications are a fit.
X-Matik at a glance
X-Matik focuses on Automotive, Machine Learning, Connected Cars, and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. Their company has offices in Toronto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, X-Matik has raised $1.15M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019 at a valuation of $10M.
You can view their website at https://www.x-matik.com