Unlocking life insurance to provide for the aging world
Founding Engineer$90k – $120k • 5.0% – 18.0%
We’re looking for a Head of Engineering to join Worthright’s founding team.
Worthright is a FinTech company innovating at the intersection of elder care, retirement and insurance. Our vision is to find families the financial opportunities they didn’t know they had. We do this by unlocking the fair value of an existing life insurance policy to help pay for senior care needs.
As our Head of Engineering, your mission is to enable us to move toward that vision through engineering excellence. Your responsibility will be to enable Worthright to ship iterative versions of our products on a regular cadence, with a focus on experimentation and learning with every sprint. You will balance managing with doing, and by doing so you will be the core voice of technology on the founding product team.
Why now is an exciting time to join
- Life Insurance is one of the oldest, least-disrupted industries in the world until now
- 3 of 5 families are caring for a child and an aging parent - yet no one is building creative ways for them to find or pay for that care
- We are seeing strong inbound interest from large institutional investors as well as some of the nation’s top senior care providers
We operate by our values and expect you to also
Own your superpower: Own, communicate, and manage the complete software development and devOps process, from spec to feedback, from back to front.
Practicality over perfection: Advocate for the practical application of technology that prioritizes rapid and useful external feedback over elegance and perfection, without compromising the long-term needs of the platform.
We exist to serve: You believe that our customers are the fundamental and most important reason behind what we do; code is a way of solving problems for people, not the end result.
We’re outcomes driven
- In the first 30 days, establish and communicate a strong software development lifecycle that aims to continuously deploy features or experiments every 10 days.
- In the first 90 days, ship 2 major features of the Worthright digital platform and increase our velocity by 30% through our existing offshore development team.
- After 90 days, we ship releases on-time, 90% of the time.
- In one year, we’ve grown the engineering team 300%
Besides what you do, we’d also like to talk about how you do
You value evidence over opinion - you use experimentation and MVPs to gather evidence which proves or disproves assumptions our company has
You’re persistent: you demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done, even with uncertainty or missing information
You’re self-directed: you act without being told what to do, bring new ideas to the company, you’re able to manage up and also ask for help
You’re flexible and adaptable: you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, cope effectively with complexity, uncertainty, and rapid change
You’re calm under pressure: you maintain stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress; you know when to ask for help, delegate, and say no
We’re an early-stage company so compensation is commensurate with our size and level of maturity. You’re joining Worthright today, not because of the immense salary you’ll take home, but instead, for the impact you’ll have on millions of families, the work you’ll design on a daily basis and the control and autonomy you’ll have on your place in a growing company.
Our Head of Engineering is a critical founding member of the company - earning an annual salary of $90k - $120k, and offered a sizable equity grant (5-18%). We are open to part-time or creative work scheduling to start, and are a remote-first company with benefits to match.