Lead Engineer - Full Stack₹20L – ₹25L
Lead Engineer – Full Stack
This job description sets out the scope of the role Lead Engineer - Full Stack at Workplace Fabric India, together with the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. It does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their line manager.
Workplace Fabric develops solutions that makes workplaces intelligent. Our solutions help increase productivity of office workers while helping to lower the cost of real estate. Our Flagship product Freespace is installed in over 60 cities around the world and serves over 70000 people every day. Starting with the first deployment in March 2016 we have rapidly grown with our solution being rolled out globally while continuing to stay cash positive. With successes at several blue-chip clients Workplace Fabric has carved a unique leadership position in workplace management and employee engagement SaaS solutions.
VP of Engineering Operations or CTO
Complete ownership & accountability of end-to-end & timely execution of projects through Scrum while also playing the role of a Scrum Master. To closely work with product owners for clarifying requirements, challenge assumptions & raise concerns in order to minimise disruptions for the team during execution.
The lead engineer will then work with the team to break the functional requirement (epics) down into technical user stories, document the same in Jira and enable team to estimate the stories with reasonable accuracy. In agreement with the team s/he would provide the product owners the roadmap of major demonstrable features based on the estimates and with appropriate buffers for surprises. These timelines will be used by stake holders to plan releases and communicate with customers.
Lead by example in building high quality solutions that can scale and be customised per varying but related requirements. Work with team to design, develop, document, review, test and demonstrate weekly sprint commitments to stake holders. Facilitate daily stand-ups for the team to discuss daily plan & impediments and help resolve any impediments. Conduct sprint retrospectives for the team to identify ideas that will help increase team’s velocity.
The lead engineer will also periodically engage with stake holders in Scrum of Scrum discussions to share team’s progress, raise concerns and get feedback. It is imperative for the lead engineer to raise any concerns, at the earliest, that may impact the committed timelines. S/he should use this forum to engage with other lead engineers to get help with team impediments and provide help to them.
Key Skills and Experience
Good to have: AWS, Jenkins, TypeScript, Scrum, IoT
Experience: 6-10 years
• A front-end expert & a full-stack generalist with 6-10 years of experience
• Ability to understand and design end-to-end scalable IoT systems
• Hands-on and well-versed with at least one of React (preferred), Angular or Vue
• Comfortable with of ES6+, TypeScript & emerging web technologies
• Experience of building REST APIs with Spring Boot & Express
• Able to easily comprehend and write complex & efficient SQL queries
• Mentoring of team members & participating in code reviews
• Hands-on programmer
• An excellent communicator
• Ability to lead a team with complete ownership of project delivery
• Clear thinker with a systematic problem-solving approach
• Unafraid to own mistakes
• Passion for clean code and scalable design
• Excited to move fast, knowing how to prioritize and make critical decisions
• Bright, motivated and driven, with a thirst for digital knowledge
• Customer focused
• Enthusiastic, analytical, creative, innovative and confident
• Reliable, flexible and cooperative
Workplace Fabric India at a glance
Workplace Fabric India focuses on SaaS. Their company has offices in Mumbai. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.workplacefabric.com/