Source key result updates from existing systems and bring our services into your favorite tools
Sr. Platform Engineer - PHP
CEOs everywhere are digital leaders now, whether they are ready or not. What was once run and grow the business, is now run and respond.
In a world where we must now all be ready to work-from-home and lead-from-home, WorkBoard’s Enterprise Results Platform enables high-growth, and high-scale companies to align on outcomes, measure results, coordinate actions, and better manage meetings. Comcast, Microsoft, Cisco, Workday, Zuora, Seismic, Cision, Malwarebytes, McKesson, Samsung, and many others rely on WorkBoard to drive their business forward. a16z, GGV capital, M12 (formerly Microsoft Ventures), and Workday Ventures are our key investors.
You’ll join a team where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly improve the quality of experience we provide our customers by delivering our best and being voracious learners. We are an incredibly supportive team and close to our customers. When problems arise, everyone in the engineering team pitches in. We are excited about a lot of things—what “best” looks like for our customers, what “breakthrough” looks like in engineering—and we share these passions across the company and with our customers. Customers even attend our hackathons, affectionately named WoBoCon.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will be a critical member of our team building the core services and production systems that power our next generation Enterprise Results Platform. You will work on difficult parts of our stack e.g. backend, cache, database etc. to improve developer efficiency and quality of life. You will have room to shape your work by influencing the product we build, our daily engineering processes and tools we use to do our work. We promise that you will have an opportunity to have an outsized impact on our product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build platform capabilities and incorporate the necessary automations and tool configurations that ensure agile delivery
- Design and implement practical processes and tools to enable application teams to consume a scalable and extensible infrastructure platform with needed governance and operational models
- Support the delivery and use of platform services in the organization and continue to improve these platform services
- Help implement and improve development CI/CD software pipeline
- Be a great collaborator and an engineering leader by performing code reviews, mentoring other team members and presenting your work to others
- Strong computer science fundamentals proven by both education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in building SaaS platforms that are performant, stable, secure and scalable
- Experience with modern API platform design, security practices and architectures such as service based architectures
- Experience with Infrastructure as Software such as container orchestrations (kubernetes is preferred), infrastructure as code (terraform is preferred), observability, CI/CD
- Experience in managing databases (relational and non-relational) and data storage solutions including caching (Redis preferred)
- Experience in managing cloud infrastructure (Azure is preferred)
- Experience in optimization and performance tuning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience working inside an Agile development organization
- Must have experience using PHP (Yii framework), nice to have experience using Node.js
OUR VALUES - WE LIVE BY THE 4 Hs
Humble experts ~ Hungry for the opportunity ~ Intellectually honest ~ Operating as one happy team
A FEW OF OUR AWESOME BENEFITS
- Goodies onsite
- Unlimited PTO & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- Quarterly All-Hands Meetings where we come together in Redwood City, CA to learn AND play
- And much more!
THE WORKBOARD STORY
WorkBoard provides a powerful, modern results platform to help companies achieve their growth plans. Unlike most enterprise software, our solution is important to every employee, so we strive to set the high bar for capabilities that delight and enable everyone to be more successful at work. WorkBoard is strategic to companies and personally relevant to the people that work in them.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates learning, diversity and inclusion. If you’re hungry to grow your skills while growing a company, your sense of urgency matches the size of our market opportunity, and you value and enable team mates’ contributions, then come join us!
WorkBoard at a glance
WorkBoard focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Project Management, Collaboration, and Mobile Enterprise. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, WorkBoard has raised $32.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.