Womply is a local commerce platform for small businesses and consumers
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - Analytics
Womply’s mission is to help small businesses thrive in a digital world. Founded in 2011, Womply is the leading provider of data and software to local businesses and the top software partner to the payments industry. Our AI-powered data platform powers our CRM and marketing software, which serves more than 450,000 small businesses in every corner of America. Womply’s data platform helps innovative developers create more powerful software for businesses and consumers alike.
As a member of the Analytics team, a Sr. BI Analyst will drive the analyses behind the decisions our internal teams and executives make. You’ll work with a cross functional team of Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and the Software Leadership Team to address the complex challenges of growing our business. You will provide quantitative support, market understanding, and a strategic perspective.
You should be able to see different angles of a product or business opportunity and know how to connect the dots and interact with people in various roles and functions. You should have substantial experience with analytical tools and techniques, and bring expertise in analyzing data and communicating recommendations. You will deepen your analytical skills by working with thought leaders across our company. Excellent business, communication, and project management skills are crucial for this role. We look for people who take pride in their work, execute on it, and deliver phenomenal results.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain complex SQL models/views to be used as a “golden copy” of our data for various internal stakeholders
- Consult with Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Growth to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth
- Own data pipelines and architecture that support our software growth
- Manage cross functional projects that lead to actionable analysis of how our customers interact with our product
- Outline and develop insightful visualizations of business performance with tools such as Tableau, DOMO, Qlik, or Looker
- Identify and understand source data systems and become an expert of data architecture, sources and flows
- Review current state and identify improvement opportunities and best practice recommendations
You Must Have
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- 3+ years experience with MySQL, Postgres, or T-SQL
- Advanced knowledge in database technologies and an excellent understanding of trade-offs in building data models
- 2+ years working with large and complex datasets
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Self-directed leader who requires little oversight
- Strong intellectual curiosity and demonstrated ability to understand and question the data
- Deep analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate data results into actionable business insights
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have
- Master’s Degree in Statistics or MBA
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience with R or Python
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience using Segment and analyzing SaaS products through tools like Mixpanel and Amplitude
Come build something amazing at Womply
We’re a fanatically values-based company with $50 million raised to accelerate our growth. If you want to make a big impact, let’s talk. We’re hiring in the Bay Area and Lehi, Utah for product, engineering, DevOps, design, data science, sales, marketing, business development, account management, and more. Learn more at www.womply.com/careers.
PLEASE NOTE - Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift.
Womply at a glance
Womply focuses on Analytics, Payments, CRM, Business Intelligence, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Lehi. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Womply has raised $30M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2016.