The smart way to get more happy customers. Make money. Save time. Get more customers.
Senior Engineering Manager - SaaS
$160k – $190k AngelList Est.
Womply’s mission is to help small businesses thrive in a digital world. Founded in 2011, Womply is the leading provider of data and software to local businesses and the top software partner to the payments industry. Our AI-powered data platform powers our CRM and marketing software, which serves more than 450,000 small businesses in every corner of America. Womply’s data platform helps innovative developers create more powerful software for businesses and consumers alike.
This position will involve a percentage of time hands-on coding, mentoring, and reviewing, but it is expected that most of your time will be spent leading and managing priorities. Most of our core services are built in Java, API frameworks and queueing systems on top of Postgresql or Cassandra. We work in an agile, iterative process using tools like Jira, Github, and Slack. Product engineering teams scrum with the core team members and the core team scrums together to advance their technical roadmap. We emphasize in robust testing, continuous integration, and collaboration.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be responsible for:
* Lead the team to building extensible, reliable, performant and innovative core services that improve our leverage as a business and product development organization
* Provide strong, decisive and effective leadership to the team and across the organization
* Execute our product and technology roadmaps dependably
* Be an experienced technical sounding board; doing code reviews; and participating in architectural decisions
* Hire, mentor and lead a high functioning, driven, innovative and happy team of engineers
* Identify ways to continuously improve processes, tools, environment, and other elements that can make the engineering department a great place for engineers
* Get involved as needed to drive decisions, push technical direction, fix issues, debug problems, write code, and generally do what’s needed to make things happen
* Coordinate your group with other engineering groups to minimize friction, maximize collaboration, and ensure overall smooth operations across our engineering department
You Must Have:
*** 7+ years of professional software development experience
*** MINIMUM 2 years or experience as people leader of technical teams in an agile process
*** Proven track record of leveraging existing technology and purchasing tools to build leverage, avoid reinventing the wheel and focus on core competencies
*** Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical vision for the team
*** A high level of familiarity with service development in Java
*** An excellent understanding of databases and SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
*** B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field
*** Experience working in a startup environment
* Nice to Have:
** Previous Spark/Cassandra/Big Data experience
** Experience in payments, subscription, crm or saas industries
Come build something amazing at Womply
We’re a fanatically values-based company (womply.com/values) with $50 million raised (womply.com/press-12/2016/11/15/womply-raises-30m-to-run-smb-front-offices) to accelerate our growth. If you want to make a big impact, let’s talk. We’re hiring in the Bay Area and Lehi, Utah for product, engineering, DevOps, design, data science, sales, marketing, business development, account management, and more. Learn more at womply.com/careers.
PLEASE NOTE - Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift.
Work at Womply (womply.com/jobs)
Life at Womply (womply.com/life-at-womply)
How we work (womply.com/how-we-work)
Our values (womply.com/values)