The smart way to get more happy customers. Make money. Save time. Get more customers
Director of Business Development - API
Womply’s mission is to help small businesses thrive in a digital world. Founded in 2011, Womply is the leading provider of data and software to local businesses and the top software partner to the payments industry. Our AI-powered data platform powers our CRM and marketing software, which serves more than 450,000 small businesses in every corner of America. In addition, Womply’s data platform helps innovative developers create more powerful software for businesses and consumers alike.
As the Director of Business Development - API you will be responsible for the end-to-end development and deployment of Womply’s API monetization and Partnership strategy. This includes working closely with our product and platform teams to develop strategy, scoping potential partnerships and negotiating contracts, engaging and developing deep relationships with external parties, and executing the deployment and ongoing growth of these partnerships across a cross-functional team within Womply. The successful candidate will have experience managing external relationships and driving cross-functional internal teams, be comfortable dealing with uncertainty in a fast-paced environment, and able to put structure to nebulous, unstructured problems.
What you get to do:
- Develop and execute Partnerships strategy for key products, including established and nascent aspects of Womply’s API business
- Work closely with product, account management, support, and sales teams to identify and engage potential Partners to enhance our product functionality and distribution
- Own Partner relationship end-to-end, from initial scoping, to negotiations, and launch
- Lead cross-functional team in deployment of partnerships, including creative, legal, finance, product, comms, support, etc.
- Design and implement necessary analytics to measure and optimize Partnerships
- Run pilots with major technology companies
- Negotiate and close multi-million dollar deals
What you bring to the role:
- 6 - 10 years of experience in business development and partnerships
- Proven ability to negotiate and close deals ranging from tactical, mid-size opportunities, to strategic, large and complex partners
- Experience in fintech and working with payments companies preferred but not required
- Experience with APIs, including an ability to distill technical and data specifications into simple terms and translate jargon to clearly communicate value to business, product, and engineering stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectives
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive programs and/or products
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Proven ability to develop relationships, negotiate, and problem solve with external partners
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Strategic thinker and tactical executor – able to shift from big picture to detailed operations on a dime
- Strong team player with excellent track record of success in highly matrixed, fast-paced environments with changing priorities
- BA/BS required
Make an impact at Womply:
Womply’s mission is to help small businesses thrive in a digital world. Founded in 2011, Womply is the leading provider of data and software to local businesses and the top software partner to the payments industry. Our AI-powered data platform powers our CRM and marketing software, which serves more than 450,000 small businesses in every corner of America. Womply’s data platform helps innovative developers create more powerful software for businesses and consumers alike.
We’re a fanatically values-based company with $50 million raised to accelerate our growth. If you want to make a big impact, let’s talk. We’re hiring in the Bay Area and Lehi, Utah for product, engineering, DevOps, design, data science, sales, marketing, business development, account management, and more. Learn more at www.womply.com/careers.
PLEASE NOTE - Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift.