The smart way to get more happy customers. Make money. Save time. Get more customers.
Director of Engineering -Data Platform
$120k – $180k AngelList Est.
Womply’s mission is to help small businesses thrive in a digital world. Founded in 2011, Womply is the leading provider of data and software to local businesses and the top software partner to the payments industry. Our AI-powered data platform powers our CRM and marketing software, which serves more than 450,000 small businesses in every corner of America. Womply’s data platform helps innovative developers create more powerful software for businesses and consumers alike.
Womply is seeking a Senior Director of Engineering - Data Platform. Womply’s core mission is to help small businesses thrive in today’s digital ecosystem. The core pillar of this mission is Data. We are looking to hire someone with a background in developing big data applications and pipelines that are scalable, idempotent, self-healing, and serve the business’s data needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for the team and tech that make up Womply’s Data and API Platform organization. This is a highly visible and strategic role where you will have stakeholders across the business, spanning our internal product, marketing, finance, and engineering groups as well as external developer-partner stakeholders.
About the Team
Data Platform Engineering plays a vital role of getting data into Womply Data Platform through our data ingestion pipelines and making the data available for our application and APIs. Our data platform collects and processes terabytes of data from a rich set of data sources and transforms this raw data into meaningful information. The API Platform team plays a vital role in solving for 3rd party developer partner use cases by building scalable API platform.
Your background includes:
* 10+ years’ experience leading technical teams.
* You have managed and built a team before.
* You’re a subject matter expert in big data systems such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, AWS Data Pipeline or Google Cloud Dataflow, etc.
* You are an expert in languages such as Java, Scala or Python.
* Strong background in data stores like Cassandra, Aurora, Mongo etc and strong experience in SQL.
* A good understanding of data architectures, data dictionaries and data lineages, and upstream/downstream semantic management.
* The experience that give you a clear understanding of what it takes to scale a team over time.
* Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Things you’ve done and enjoy include:
* Building scalable and resilient systems.
* Working across teams and influence the direction of work and architecture.
* Leading and coaching/mentoring team members at various seniority levels.
* Being self-driven. You are willing and able to take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions.
* Enjoyment of stakeholder management, developing good understanding of business needs, building domain knowledge to understand data better.
* A passion about data quality and an understanding of its nuances and challenges.
Characteristics of success at Womply
* Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
* Positive attitude
* Non political candid communicator
* Results oriented
* Hands on and team oriented
* Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
* Ability to adjust plan and react as needed
Come build something amazing at Womply
We’re a fanatically values-based company (womply.com/values) with $50 million raised (womply.com/press-12/2016/11/15/womply-raises-30m-to-run-smb-front-offices) to accelerate our growth. If you want to make a big impact, let’s talk. We’re hiring in the Bay Area and Lehi, Utah for product, engineering, DevOps, design, data science, sales, marketing, business development, account management, and more. Learn more at womply.com/careers.
PLEASE NOTE - Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift.
Work at Womply (womply.com/jobs)
Life at Womply (womply.com/life-at-womply)
How we work (womply.com/how-we-work)
Our values (womply.com/values)