The smart way to get more happy customers. Make money. Save time. Get more customers
Senior Data Engineer
Womply’s mission is to help small businesses thrive in a digital world. Founded in 2011, Womply is the leading provider of data and software to local businesses and the top software partner to the payments industry. Our AI-powered data platform powers our CRM and marketing software, which serves more than 450,000 small businesses in every corner of America. Womply’s data platform helps innovative developers create more powerful software for businesses and consumers alike.
In your new role at Womply you will be part of a team of engineers working to manage our ever-growing collection of payment and other merchant data from across the USA. You’ll work primarily with Java and Apache Spark and a variety of data stores including Cassandra, PostgreSQL, and Aurora. You’ll work with the rest of the engineering and product teams to design and optimize the schemas needed to support the products. Going forward, you'll support our evaluations of new tools and technologies to scale and analyze our data.
You Must Have:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with experience as a senior contributor or team lead.
- MUST HAVE - Good programming skills in Java or Scala.
- MUST HAVE - Experience delivering Spark-based data consumption to consumer facing products / systems.
- MUST HAVE - Data Platform and Pipeline experience
- Experience with Cassandra, Mongo, or similar data stores.
- Strong background in SQL, Data Modeling, and Performance Tuning in both relational and noSQL databases.
- Experience with distributed and federated systems and data processing pipelines
- Familiarity with monitoring, backup, and disaster recovery of data systems
- Experience building POCs, architecting new systems and improving existing systems to solve business problems and support scaling
Nice to have:
- AWS experience
- Database Administration Experience.
- Experience with Python / Pyspark
- Experience generating and evaluating data quality metrics
- Experience mentoring engineers in best practices and methods.
- Experience with PCI data practices
Come build something amazing at Womply
We’re a fanatically values-based company with $50 million raised to accelerate our growth. If you want to make a big impact, let’s talk. We’re hiring in the Bay Area and Lehi, Utah for product, engineering, DevOps, design, data science, sales, marketing, business development, account management, and more. Learn more at www.womply.com/careers.
PLEASE NOTE - Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift.
Womply at a glance
Womply focuses on Analytics, Payments, CRM, Business Intelligence, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Portland, and Lehi. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Womply has raised $30M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2016.