The smart way to get more happy customers. Make money. Save time. Get more customers.
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Womply’s mission is to help small businesses thrive in a digital world. Founded in 2011, Womply is the leading provider of data and software to local businesses and the top software partner to the payments industry. Our AI-powered data platform powers our CRM and marketing software, which serves more than 450,000 small businesses in every corner of America. Womply’s data platform helps innovative developers create more powerful software for businesses and consumers alike.
The Data Team at Womply advances the state of our data, and empowers the company to make better decisions from our data. We’re seeking a talented and motivated Sr. BI Engineer to join our team. As a Sr. BI Data Engineer, you will hold the keys to the infrastructure that powers our current and future Data Products. We expect you to help us build and leverage the latest technologies to tap into our firehose of data, and your systems will open up new paths for analysis and discovery. You will have the opportunity to make a big impact, and work with extremely talented peers on a fast paced, high energy team.
You will develop ETL and data modeling solutions from our Data Lake into our Data Warehouse, to help us evolve our data-driven philosophy and become a world-class data organization. You will own the design, execution, and ongoing support of critical data warehousing projects enabling accurate reporting and advanced analytics for all of Womply’s internal business units.
You will have to be self-sufficient - we are a startup, so everyone might do a bit of everything to get things done. We look for people who take pride in their work, execute on it, and deliver phenomenal results.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining the data pipelines from various data sources, while maintaining high accuracy, consistency, and reliability
- Leveraging our data foundation to design and implement innovative solutions to our hardest data problems, and ensure their quality and effectiveness with robust verification process
- Driving innovation by recommending and adopting new tools and technologies that provide competitive data advantages for the company
- Developing, documenting, and implementing data models for analytics
- Partnering with business stakeholders, product managers, business intelligence analysts, engineering, and data scientists to understand reporting requirements and bring ideas to production
You must have:
- 3-8 years in software engineering
- Experience with Data Warehousing, Architecting Pipelines, and Data Modeling
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Strong intellectual curiosity and demonstrated ability to understand and question the data
- Healthy Skepticism to challenge the status quo so we can improve
Technically proficient in:
- Languages - Python / Scala / Ruby / SQL / Bash
- Technologies - Snowflake/Athena, AWS, Airflow
Nice to have:
Come build something amazing at Womply
We’re a fanatically values-based company with $50 million raised to accelerate our growth. If you want to make a big impact, let’s talk. We’re hiring in the Bay Area and Lehi, Utah for product, engineering, DevOps, design, data science, sales, marketing, business development, account management, and more. Learn more at www.womply.com/careers.
PLEASE NOTE - Direct applicants ONLY. Any recruiter/3rd party submissions we receive will be considered a gift.