We are a fintech dedicated to radically improving the lives of the modern workforce
Back End Developer - Typescript, Node, Microservices, K8s£50k – £70k • 0.2% – 1.5%
Kings Cross, London
Salary dependent on skills and experience
We are a fintech dedicated to radically improving the lives of the modern workforce. We use cutting-edge technology and creative thinking to develop transformative products that boost financial and personal wellbeing.
Our mission is to disrupt all areas of finance where flexible workers don’t have access to the products and services they need and deserve. We have raised capital from top technology investors in the UK and one of the world’s largest banks.
About the role
We’re looking for a senior developer who wants to build cutting edge applications in Node & Typescript. You’ll be working in a small, agile team focused on architecting and building our backend microservices.
You’ll spend your time coding and helping to build the team whilst having input on technical process and decision making - being a lead contributor in our projects and shaping the architecture of our services.
Our stack includes (but is not limited to): Node, Typescript, Docker & Kubernetes, MongoDB, NativeScript, MoleculerJS.
We also believe that automated-testing and peer-reviewed code are required to deliver good software and are always looking for ways to improve our process.
Must Have Skills
- Relational / NoSQL databases
- Unit, integration & e2e testing
- Understand SOLID design principles
- Good Git etiquette
- HTML5, CSS, SASS / PostCSS / Webpack
- Experience building microservices
- React, React Native or Nativescript
- ‘Nix system administration
- You like building things (and fixing things that aren’t quite right).
- You know how to code, but you can also communicate and work as part of a team.
- You’re willing to admit you don’t know something and ask for help.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment
- You can coordinate, prioritise and manage multiple diverse tasks - simultaneously
We offer a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience, plus stock options and other benefits. The application process consists of a short phone interview and a technical test to complete in your own time, followed by an on-site interview with the team at our London office.