Wizeline provides end-to-end software development for Fortune 500 companies
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
**Due to the immediate start date for this role, Wizeline is prioritizing remote candidates based in Mexico.*
Wizeline is a software development and design services company with operations in the U.S., Mexico, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, and Spain. High-growth companies need engineering capacity to scale. Wizeline brings depth in product design, technical writing, project management, and across engineering disciplines.
At Wizeline, we understand that great software is built by great people and teams. To retain and develop top talent, we foster a working environment that celebrates creativity, encourages skill development, and allows for multidisciplinary collaboration. We believe in a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where all can achieve their full potential, leading to company, customer, and community success.
Wizeline is committed to the communities in which it operates. We believe in doing well while also doing good. Wizeline Academy is a free, community-based education program that teaches high-value skills to workers looking to advance their careers in the tech industry. To date, Academy has served more than 8,500 students with more than 7,000 hours of instruction across 85 courses
What you will bring to the team
Wizeline fully embraces DevOps as a culture and methodology to get things done. As a Site Reliability Engineer at Wizeline, you will enable the quick release of quality products, thus leading to faster innovation cycles for our clients and higher impact on the users.
You will be responsible for the non-functional attributes of the applications, such as scalability, performance, quality, and architecture. You will improve collaboration and organizational performance, ensure world-class reliability and security of operations, all whilst achieving seamless software delivery in record time. You will work on projects that provide new opportunities for skill development and gain exposure to multinational brands.
- Establishes and implements the requirements for observability (monitoring, logging, and tracing), and other technologies used to validate the health of the systems and applications.
- Works with the engineering team to deep dive into reliability issues at different levels such as software, application, and network.
- Creates the strategy in collaboration with the technical leaders for the creation, automation, and deployment of infrastructure in the cloud.
- Makes decisions that impact the architecture, workflow, and technologies that are fundamental for the functionality of the systems and applications.
- Encourages the use of best practices among the team and the company.
- Writes or implements tools to improve the delivery of applications.
Are you a fit?
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to grow and mentor junior engineers.
- Experience automating infrastructure and configuration using tools in complex projects.
- Strong experience with AWS and GCP.
Nice to have:
- Experience in System Administration.
- Experience Scaling applications & Capacity Management.
Some of the stack you may use here at Wizeline:
- Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, CircleCI, Ansible, New Relic, DataDog.
- Languages: Nodejs, TypeScript, Python, Golang, Shell.
- Services: Redis, Github, Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, ECR, Vault, Fargate, S3, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch, Route53.
- Infrastructure-as-Code: Terraform, CloudFormation, Serverless Framework.
- Cloud providers: AWS, GCP, Azure.
What You’ll Love About Us
You will love:
We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
Our benefits and perks:
We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and on-site daycare facilities at our GDL office.
Our global family:
We have a Work Abroad program in place, as well as language training and immigration support for expats.
Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wizeline at a glance
Wizeline focuses on Mobile, Digital Media, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, and B2B. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Guadalajara, and Ho Chi Minh. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wizeline has raised $62.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2018.