Magic the Gathering: More than just a card game to play with friends in your mother's basement
Director, Diversity Equity & Inclusion
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
Are you an experienced Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leader (DE&I) who seeks to build fun, innovative organizations, where people can come to work and bring their whole selves?
As we expand our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. We believe that having a well-rounded party (team) that represents and reflects the world around us provides a critical advantage by allowing WotC to build incredible game worlds that everyone can see themselves in.
What you'll do:
The Director of DE&I reports to the Vice President of HR and will have a strong connection with Hasbro’s Diversity organization. This role will act as a strategic partner to business leaders and the HR team. You will be focusing on attracting, retaining and developing talent that reflects our audiences and promoting an inclusive environment where employees throughout the company can perform at their best.
- Partner with Wizards' Leadership to improve our strategic DE&I plan & identify new opportunities to integrate and amplify diverse perspectives within our processes and products.
- Deliver learning experiences to develop leaders, managers and employees in an equitable fashion that builds a more inclusive environment.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to build internal and external partnerships that help attract and amplify under-represented perspectives.
- Create and moderate safe spaces for honest and practical dialogue around DE&I while challenging conventional wisdom.
- Evaluate and report the effectiveness of our diversity activities and their impact on both culture and business results.
- Research, design, and implement best-in-class industry DE&I practices to support an inclusive environment, where employees bring their full selves to work.
- Support and empower our outstanding Employee Resource Groups, helping them deliver their goals while growing the feedback loop to WOTC leadership.
What you'll bring:
You have an established reputation as a trusted advisor, influencing with finesse, business insight, and stewardship of our brands to drive continuous improvement.
- Sophisticated consultative, mediation, and facilitation skills with the flexibility to adapt to the varying needs of stakeholders, and build trust with all parties.
- Ability to handle complex DE&I issues with discretion, self-awareness and sound judgment to assist successful conflict resolution across all levels of the organization.
- Strategic, data minded capabilities to quickly interpret & communicate key insights from diversity metrics, research & reporting - with business, financial and legal acuity.
- Curiosity driven with a constant pulse on innovative market trends, industry news, and methodologies critical to inform strategy and enhance impact.
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in business, marketing, HR or similar people-focused functions, with success as a leader or executive sponsor for successful DE&I programs and initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a focus in business, HR, or related fields. 2-year degree and Equivalent additional work experience may be substituted.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.