Building software for future proof energy infrastructure
Backend developer€40k – €45k
Withthegrid is passionate about addressing one of humanities’ largest challenges ahead: delivering a sustainable energy system. For this, resilient and future-proof energy infrastructure is needed. That is where Withthegrid comes in!
We serve customers such as Eneco, Stedin, Evides and Shell with our cloud-based asset monitoring application. IoT sensors and other customer owned systems connect to it and provide asset condition data. Our application detects anomalies and improves maintenance processes through alerts with an easy to use UI. This results in longer lifetimes, lower downtime and lower costs.
We are a growing company where we focus on solving the challenges of our customers by using the latest technology. Our team is based in Utrecht but will be moving to Amsterdam in the second half of this year.
About the Job
As a frontend developer you will be part of the team delivering the core product of Withthegrid: an asset monitoring application for critical infrastructure. You’ll be working closely together with backend developers, machine learning engineers and the CTO to apply the latest technologies to the Withthegrid product. This will give you the challenges and opportunities to apply your problem-solving skills whilst at the same time giving room to your creativity and ideas. All this is in a dynamic and high paced environment of a startup company.
About the backend
Our backend is written in TypeScript and run by NodeJS. Data is stored in AWS S3 and AWS RDS.
• You will be responsible for the server side of our asset monitoring application.
• You’ll join our development team and work closely with the product owners to identify customer needs and propose the most effective way to address them
• You will help to maintain our edge by staying up to date with software development best practices
Who should apply?
This is a position for a software developer with at least 3 years of relevant coding experience. You are the developer we are looking for, if you:
• are curious
• are fluent in TypeScript and (My)SQL
• write composable, readable, testable and efficient code
• know how to make a pull request
• can discuss and deal with the complexities of database migrations
• can solve challenges like how to provide the UI with input for a time series graph with 5 years’ worth of hourly data points within 200ms
• released at least 2 applications into the wild (references and/ or links to are highly appreciated).
• love to work in a team, share your knowledge and learn from others
• are willing to work in Amsterdam (and possibly in Utrecht or remote for the first few months before we relocate)
How we work
Development at Withthegrid consist of a pragmatic approach combined with proper prioritization. By this we mean good discussion beforehand on what are the most urgent responsibilities and being able to fully focus on the task at hand without having to continuously switch.
We work based on trust and ask you to take responsibility for your work and your deadlines. Together we pride ourselves on our quality of work, consistency and willingness to help each other.
We don’t require you to come into the office 5 days a week. We know how productive working from home is. However, we do value company culture, sharing stories and celebrating success together with some drinks. We are convinced that being and working together in the same location helps amplify this.
What we offer?
• Annual salary of EUR 40-45k plus holiday allowance of 8%
• An equity stake
• The chance to apply your skills to one of the biggest challenges humanity currently faces
• A fun, inspiring and challenging work environment
• A growing team led by experienced entrepreneurs and managers with a good track record
*How to apply? *
Please apply by taking this 1-hour assessment: Withthegrid backend application (https://app.testgorilla.com/testtaker/publicinvitation/b3bc9f37-74d3-480d-b321-96240df01b9a)
For more info just send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +31 6 26 414 492.
withthegrid at a glance
withthegrid focuses on SaaS, Clean Energy, and Energy IT. Their company has offices in Amsterdam and Utrecht. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.withthegrid.com