Everything about your wedding in one place
Senior Frontend Engineer
Joy is growing, and we’re looking for talented frontend engineers with strong design sensibilities and a desire to create interfaces that are a pleasure to use.
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Collaborate with other frontend and backend engineers to write and deploy code that integrates with apis.
- Assist our skilled Customer Experience team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Review code and have your code reviewed
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
- Work multi-functionally with other teams to set and achieve company-wide engineering goals
- You have 4+ years experience with React, Typescript, ES6, React and other modern JS frameworks
- Expertise in CSS and experience styling custom components
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the details
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- A desire to continually improve
Joy wants to disrupt the age-old wedding and event planning industry with technology. We strive to find and enable new workflows and behaviors between everyone involved in planning the big day. This is a gigantic undertaking and we want talented, passionate and fun teams to help us get there.
Work @ Joy
Fast paced, Challenging, Fun.
The work environment is very dynamic. We iterate often and fast. We talk to our customers. We dig deeper into what is it that they really need. We encourage wearing as many hats as you want. We value humility and honesty over being right every time. We believe ideas win, not people.
Engineering @ Joy
Joy engineering is responsible for delivering high uptime backends and lightning fast, exquisitely crafted user experiences across mobile and web. We strive to remain at the cutting edge of technology allowing developers to do their best work here. On the backend we are developing a robust REST and GraphQL platform to empower event management all over the world which supports many thousands of requests per minute. The front ends touch more than a tens of thousands of users daily.
Things which we do differently than many other software companies include the following.
- Directly engaging with customers especially for features which you have build.
- Being a rotating engineer on-call or first responder for engineering.
- Testing your own feature and sometimes helping with testing other people's features.