Everything about your wedding in one place
Senior Product Manager$100k – $150k • 0.01% – 0.6%
At Joy, we believe software can help organize and bring people together in the real world. Digital tools can (and should) bring people closer together—online and offline. Joy fosters real relationships and real communication, helping people organize, share, and remember their important life events.
We are building a virtual event planner that aims to help people plan events both large and small. From a concert or a school reunion to a destination wedding on a tropical island. We are starting with one of the biggest life events - the wedding.
As a Joy Product Manager, on one hand you will lead the team by being an advocate of the engaged couples, their guests & their vendors. On the other hand, you will also be the representative of the team’s work to the world outside. You will be working directly with users on daily basis to translate their wants into product vision. You will next be working with designers closely on daily basis to convert the vision into product design and and shape the user experience for the many millions of people who actively use these products together every day.
- Work closely with design, engineering, marketing and customer experience teams to build the best product in the market.
- Synthesize company vision to create an innovative, yet grounded platform roadmap
- Set clear success metrics and hold everyone accountable for them
- Lead a cross-functional team to grow the business
- Manage engineering team on daily basis through sprints, scrums and retrospectives
- 3-5 years of hands on product management experience.
- Experience on leading highly technical teams on building sophisticated products
- Consumer product experience will be a huge plus
- Hands on coding experience will be helpful
- BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent would be nice to have
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Mac Hardware and High Resolution Monitors
- Snacks and Soda Bar
- Food Fridays and other team outings
- Joy sponsored tech talks and happy hours
Working at Joy
- At Joy we want to upgrade the age-old wedding and event planning industry with technology. We strive to find and enable new workflows and behaviors between everyone involved in planning the big day. This is a gigantic undertaking and we want talented, passionate and fun teams to help us get there.
- At Joy, work environment is fast paced, challenging and fun. We iterate often and fast. We talk to our customers. We dig deeper into what is it that they really need. We encourage wearing as many hats as you want. We value humility and honesty over being right every time. We believe ideas win, not people.
- At our core we believe that design is the product. It’s what people remember. It’s what people feel. It’s what makes our customers fall in love over and over again. It’s the little things, the intangibles and it’s a part of everything we do. We believe design is not just how the product looks and feels but what it does. We prefer simple over complicated. Humans over robots.
We need candidates who are willing to commute to our SOMA, San Francisco office. We believe our product managers should be working with and leading the rest of the team on daily basis so this position is not eligible for remote work.