Wish is an eCommerce platform that lets users shop millions of products at deep discounts
Android Software Engineer - Full Stack
The Wish App has been downloaded over 200 millions times and has always been one of the top free applications in the App Store. Our team is small and nimble. We move extremely fast while solving unique and challenging problems. We release new mobile updates biweekly to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly and make an impact immediately. Each engineer has the opportunity to completely own the feature they work on from scratch to release. They work on entire features from the back-end API to the mobile client.
As a mobile product engineer, you will get to work on features directly used by millions of shoppers worldwide. You will have a great deal of responsibility for each project you work on and will have the flexibility to influence design and execution. With full transparency to all metrics, you will get to see how your features directly impact the company’s performance and make data-driven decisions.
For this role, you should be smart, hands-on, driven, want to make an impact and grow your career and have a solid foundation in computer science. You should have strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design, and contribute under a great deal of independence. We are ultimately looking for someone who is capable and passionate to help us hack social commerce.
Not located in the Bay Area? US and Canada remote work is acceptable!
What you’ll be doing:
- Build new high impact features in the Wish Android app. Solely own the feature from scratch to post release.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to design new features. Give valuable feedback and share new ideas.
- Work with the Data Analyst to conclude an A/B testing feature
- Make important coding architecture decisions and participate in code reviews. Refactor the code to use best practices if necessary.
- Always learning new Android and Java/Kotlin knowledge and share it with the team
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2 + years of experience developing native Android applications in Java or Kotlin
- Dedicated to learning and improving their mobile development skills
- Interested in end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Data-driven mindset
- Strong understanding of the whole engineering stack and how each piece fits into the whole
- Focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line
- Experience writing API endpoints and working with databases
- Java and Kotlin
- MongoDB or familiarity with other databases
- A/B testing
Wish at a glance
Wish focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Machine Learning, Software, and Content Discovery. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Toronto. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Wish has raised $1.5B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2017 at a valuation of $8.5B.