Wish is an eCommerce platform that lets users shop millions of products at deep discounts
We’re looking for the world's best engineers to build a premier commerce platform from the ground up. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys engineering complex systems, taking ownership over projects and building features at all levels of the stack.
The Marketplace team offers a rare opportunity to work on key company initiatives from customer service, business intelligence, ERP, RESTful APIs, data pipelines, data visualization, as well as both web and mobile apps. Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. They work on building features from the database level to the client. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
If you are a high performer, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then the Marketplace Engineering at Wish is right for you!
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a top university
- Built something interesting, unique, or noteworthy
- Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- You lay awake thinking about improving the design, implementation and maintenance of large software systems with millions of users
- You revel in building features quickly and iterating in a data driven fashion
What is our Technology Stack?
- Programming language: Python, Go
- Frontend technologies: React, Typescript, GraphQL
- Main database: MongoDB
- Big data systems: Hadoop, Hive
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Wish, is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We selectively bring together world-class technical talent that are passionate about connecting relevant products to value conscious consumers all over the world!
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wish at a glance
Wish focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Machine Learning, Software, and Content Discovery. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Toronto. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Wish has raised $1.5B of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2017 at a valuation of $8.5B.