Full Stack Developer (Node, React, MongoDB)£45k – £58k
Based in London and New York, WIREWAX is a creative technology company powering over 90% of the world’s interactive video content. We enable brands such as Disney, Ikea, Land Rover and Google to explore new horizons in audience engagement and interaction, making video and TV content work much harder.
We’re a very ambitious company: our mission is to make video as truly connected as everything else on the internet, and it’s a mission which is opening up exciting new possibilities for everyone who works at WIREWAX.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Developer (70% backend and 30% front-end) with an unparalleled appetite to push the boundaries, and the desire to build powerful SaaS tools for thousands of global users to create exceptional interactive video experiences. This is a role from someone looking to work with an exciting and innovative technology team at a time of unprecedented fast growth.
You will be joining our Interactive Video engineering team, working in a collaborative, fast-paced and dynamic environment to build the next generation of features for our flagship SaaS products: WIREWAX Studio and WIREWAX Player. These together comprise a powerful self-serve toolset for building exciting and impactful interactive and shoppable video experiences.
You will be working with our cross-functional product development team consisting of backend and frontend engineers as well as our design and UX/UI team to develop the next generation platform for asset management and creative interactive video authoring tools.
Work From Anywhere
This can be a remote position, however it is preferable that you are based in a time zone that is not more than 2 hours either side of the London HQ.
What you will do as our Full Stack Developer
- Work with other developers and product teams to build and maintain efficient, robust, high performance (NodeJS, ExpressJS and MongoDB) APIs and data services to power our suite of front-end applications
- Develop new user-facing features and improving existing ones for our flagship SaaS products, WIREWAX Studio and WIREWAX Player, using React and Redux
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use across our products
- Collaborate with the rest of our cross-functional Interactive Video development team of 3 to 4 engineers and testers to ensure tasks are scoped, estimated, planned into sprints, and delivered in a timely manner
- Perform code reviews and feature deployment workflows as well as creating and publishing release notes
- Work closely with product stakeholders to establish feature roadmaps and priorities
- Consulting with clients and partners to gather technical requirements for new features and third-party integrations
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience
- At least 2 years of experience writing RESTful, performant APIs using technologies like NodeJS and ExpressJS, as well as designing and implementing schemas using MongoDB or similar NoSQL databases
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux, Hooks or the Context API) and data structure libraries such as Immutable.js
- Experience with commonly used front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Fluency using code versioning tools such as Git, SVN or Bitbucket and organisational tools such as Trello or Jira
- Familiarity with cloud architecture and microservices with AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
- A passion for building bleeding-edge software solutions for a growing creative user base
- A tenacious obsession with optimising user journeys and fine-tuning code to be more efficient and effective
- An enthusiastic drive to be a team-player and to turn their hand when needed to push the technology and the business forward.
- Some small-team management experience is a bonus
Why join WIREWAX...
- You'll have the trust and freedom to devise solutions to problems as you see fit, utilising whichever technology you consider most appropriate.
- You’ll be working as part of a small, super friendly team with a variety of backgrounds, from computer vision research to TV production.
- Competitive base salary with stock options available if you’re interested.
- Generous Workplace Pension Scheme
Our team here is committed to providing equal opportunities for employment regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, disability, family structure, socio-economic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis. If you are keen, committed, passionate and a good person, you’ll fit in well here and we’ll encourage you to grow and develop as we do. Everyone is welcome.
WIREWAX at a glance
WIREWAX focuses on Digital Media, Video, Computer Vision, and Online Video Advertising. Their company has offices in New York City and London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.