The leading provider of actionable consumer financial data
Principal Data Scientist$160k – $200k • 0.25% – 0.5%
Founded in 2016, Windfall Data is on a mission to determine the net worth of everyone on the planet. The company serves nonprofit and for-profit organizations by providing actionable consumer financial data that is refreshed on a weekly basis. More than 400 organizations use Windfall Data to identify and engage their most promising constituents. Windfall Data is based in San Francisco and backed by Bullpen Capital, Bonfire Ventures, Industry Ventures, TenOneTen Ventures. ValueStream Ventures, and Auren Hoffman. Visit www.windfalldata.com for more information.
As a Principal Data Scientist, you will work directly on solving challenging modeling problems that are to our business. You will perform analyses to understand and build confidence in our datasets and work with massive structured, unstructured, transactional and real-time data sets from a variety of sources and execute on plans that improve the accuracy of our data and models. Additionally, you will be responsible for growing the data science team and providing mentorship to more junior team members.
Are you ready to drive and scale data science in a hyper-growth environment?
- Build production-quality predictive models to enhance and expand our core product
- Investigate new data sources, perform statistical analyses, and document findings
- Work with engineering and data vendors to improve the accuracy of our data sources
- Perform segmentation of households and build custom models for clients
- Mentor junior team members
- Graduate degree or similar experience in science or engineering
- Extensive experience building predictive models in production environments
- 4+ years of data science experience working in an environment with large, diverse data sets
- Expert knowledge of SQL and either R or python
- Hands-on experience working with large data sets outside of a SQL database
- Collaborative team-focused attitude with a strong desire to advance the product and learn new things
- Self-starter with experience turning ideas into actionable designs
- Experience leading teams of scientists or ML engineers
- Experience auditing data with internal and external sources
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, research oriented group
- Small team = opportunity for a big impact
- Compensation includes equity and a competitive salary
- Excellent company-sponsored benefits
- Shiny new laptop
- Monthly team events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Great location in downtown SF (Jackson Square)
Windfall at a glance
Windfall focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Financial Services, Analytics, and Big Data. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Windfall has raised $9M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.