We develop AI and ML driven Climate Informatics solutions for Last Mile Climate Resilience
Full Stack App Development Intern₹6,000 – ₹8,000 • No equity
Wikilmo is an early stage Climate Informatics startup working to build solutions that help augment climate resilience in remote farming communities through the use of data-based predictive actionable insights delivered to the last mile. Our ongoing projects involve developing hazard monitoring solutions, estimating rainfall patterns, harmonising agricultural data, identifying and predicting possible pest outbreaks, all focussed towards delivering insights to remote locations that only have limited infrastructure and services. We are also developing an app that integrates all of these solutions into a single light-weight, intuitive and fully online-offline experience.
We expect candidates to be proficient in at least some of the following tasks. Proficiency is demonstrated through previous internships, coursework, projects and participation in hackathons & competitions.
- Be excited to work across all aspects of our product and technology stack
- Experience consuming, designing, and implementing REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile platforms
- Strong Python knowledge, particularly around building scalable, reliable backend services
- Experience in developing for Android ecosystem and responsive design
- Experience in writing automated unit and integration tests, understanding testing best practices, version control (git & github) and techniques that allow to ensure production-quality code
- Demonstrated deployments of enterprise or consumer-facing hybrid mobile solutions for industry standard environments
- Experience with eventing data out of hybrid mobile applications to other systems for analytics
- Willing to engage in rigorous code reviews and give/receive friendly, constructive criticism for the sake of creating high-quality software.
- Build solutions that directly impact and augment adaptations for Climate Change
- Get mentored and work with a team of fun and experienced engineers in machine learning for Earth Observations
- Develop crucial software engineering skills for working in distributed and agile data science teams