Wheelwell is a community-backed platform for automotive commerce
Email Marketing Specialist$80k – $140k • 0.01% – 0.05%
To create the ultimate automotive resource, we’ve set out to attract the most passionate, driven, brilliant and (ahem) crazy group of forward thinkers we can find. The current team includes former Apple, Twitter, and Nextdoor people. But impressive resumes aren't all that we look for, we want people who have a passion for creating elegant solutions to real-world problems.
You will be dealing with automotive parts data on a daily basis and so an understanding of parts categories, sub categories and vehicle fitment will be essential to your success.
You don't need to have working experience from within the industry but if you are an automotive enthusiasts that has deep knowledge and passion then we want to talk to you.
We’re looking for an experienced Email Marketing Specialist to manage our our highly focused messaging campaigns. You must have extensive experience working with Marketo or ActiveCampaign.
• Lay the foundation for a scalable, versatile email marketing platform to drive sales and customer acquisition.
• Manage the planning, development and execution of email marketing programs, including targeted campaigns based on customer segmentation, triggered campaigns based on customer behavior, and broader campaigns designed for increasing brand awareness.
• Work closely with our head of marketing in the creative process for all email campaigns to deliver content that is on-brand, seasonally relevant, and compelling to an automotive enthusiast audience.
• Own the email calendar, reporting, testing strategy and operational details, ensuring accuracy in all aspects of execution.
• Analyze and communicate results including key performance metrics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Apply learnings to future campaigns to improve results.
• Identify and implement new tests and tactics, continually seeking to innovate to drive improved results.
• Develop and manage customer acquisition email campaigns that aggressively grow our customer base.
• Manage various channel initiatives including product launches, seasonal promotions, publishing content, and customer acquisition efforts.
• 3+ years proven track record of increasing brand engagement and growing customer lists
• Extensive experience with email platforms such as Marketo, Activecampaign or similar
• Work experience in the automotive industry and/or personal interest in the performance aftermarket
• Excellent copy writing skills with an edgy tone, appropriate for our market demographic, as demonstrated in your portfolio
• Have strong opinions about best practices and works to execute them with little to no oversight
• Proven track record of working in a fast-growing and fast-moving company, able to create process and vision, rather than just manage to what has already been defined
• Have a passion for, and are active in the automotive culture. Can spot the difference between an R33 and R34 at a distance, interrupts conversations to listen to a tuned 5.0 Mustang pass by, and has the “correct” opinion about Alfa Romeo (yes, you will be tested!)
Why you’ll love working at Wheelwell:
• The opportunity to work next to fellow gearheads, talk cars all day, and reinvent the automotive aftermarket
• Build fast with autonomy and work on a people-focused team dedicated to making sure you’re challenged, growing, and recognized for all the great work you do
• Receive health, dental, and vision insurance
• A 401(k) with company contribution
• Attend awesome automotive industry events from SEMA to local Cars and Coffee meets, and open track days!
Comprehensive health plans
Our medical plans give you the flexibility to select the right health care coverage for you and your family members. This also includes vision and dental.
Build your future
Wheelwell’s 401(k) plan provides you an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings and includes a company match. The plan offers a variety of investment options to help you reach your financial goals.
Personal time off
Regular time away from work is essential to recharge and renew. Employees can take time off in addition to company paid holidays. Flexible work schedules also help team members reach a healthy work-life balance.