A new universal standard for communicating location
Senior Partnerships Manager
Who We Are:
The what3words team is on a mission to create the global standard for communicating location. We’re making the world an easier, more efficient and safer place for everyone.
We are a global company located in West London’s creative hub. Our headquarters are near Portobello Road and a short walk from Westbourne Park and Royal Oak tube stations.
We are looking for someone highly entrepreneurial, exceptionally clever and charismatic. You will have performed outstandingly in previous roles (we don’t measure success by your former job titles but instead what you achieved in those positions) and are likely to have an accelerated career trajectory when compared against your peers.
Joining our growing business development team, you will drive forward and forge key relationships for what3words around the world.
We are looking for people who can quickly understand clients’ pain points and match those to the solutions we can provide. You will have a very good understanding of how to access key players (companies and individuals) and will use this knowledge to generate new leads across relevant industries.
This role is highly demanding – long hours and significant international travel opportunities will be the norm. You’ll be expected to meet challenging targets, but you’ll reap the rewards of them too.
Your team is a group of talented people from all over the world on an unprecedented journey. Every day brings new challenges and we are always learning. You will be proud to see your individual and team contributions making a real difference.
This is your opportunity to help build a global business from the ground up.
- Experience managing and forging relationships at the highest level in business and/or government
- A degree or equivalent (university of life counts too)
- Exceptionally good presentation and written communication skills
- The ability to work quickly and flexibly, with the mental agility to make good decisions quickly
- Demonstrable commercial (business development/sales) experience
- Excellent understanding of what3words and the industries we work in, bringing ideas for capitalising on our global growth
You will be:
- Highly intelligent, with the work and/or academic history to prove it
- Extremely tech-savvy (preferably you will have worked with technology, written some code, even if just once or twice, or sold a technology product)
- Able to engage immediately and confidently with senior influencers
- An exceptional relationship builder
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working in a team with clever and ambitious colleagues
- Highly persuasive and excellent at getting things done
- Willing to embrace all aspects of working in a fast-growing business, from managing day-to-day admin to giving speeches to global audiences or pitching CXOs from some of the world’s biggest brands
- Able to excel under pressure, with meticulous attention to detail
- Able to travel regularly, including at short notice
- Motivated by challenging targets and a fast-paced office environment
- Commercially-minded and committed to global social change through business
Extra credit if you:
- Have run your own business or held a senior role in a fast-growing start-up
- Have worked in an industry where what3words is highly applicable
- Speak other languages and have done business abroad or travelled widely
- Can provide excellent references from colleagues as well as supervisors in your current/previous roles
- Have successfully sold something completely new and revolutionary
Our business development team is made up of bright graduates, experienced team builders and outstanding salespeople. We are looking for someone dynamic who believes in our vision for change and is excited to join the company at this stage of growth.
We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining what3words, as we begin to explore new global territories. We hope in 5 years you will be proud to tell people you were one of the early joiners at what3words.
Those with unusual career paths or career changes are encouraged to apply – if you instinctively understand what3words and believe your skills can help us accelerate our global growth, we want to hear from you.
We offer the following benefits to all permanent employees of what3words:
25 days holiday
Cycle to work
VDU eye tests
Free breakfast & snacks
Weekly lunch & learn sessions
Regular team lunches & team socials
Sports and hobbies clubs
what3words at a glance
what3words focuses on Mobile, Location Based Services, Automotive, Maps, and Logistics. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, what3words has raised $13.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2016.