Powerful apis built for platforms, powered by chase
Chase: Payment Acceptance Product Manager (Canada)
Chase’s product team is seeking a Payment Acceptance Product Manager to deliver experiences that power client growth, create a seamless experience for our clients, and anchor Chase as the preferred payments provider to small and mid-sized businesses across Canada.
In this role you will own localization product strategy and deliverables that culminate in a great payments experience. You will work with our core Canadian merchants to understand their needs, articulate the product vision, identify success metrics & collaborate with cross functional teams to enhance existing products and to build and launch new product initiatives for the Canadian market. You will leverage and deepen your expertise in multiple areas related to Canadian payments, including merchant onboarding, point-of-sale solutions, credit and debit card processing,, and risk, controls, and compliance. And you will dive into various merchant verticals including retail, restaurants, ecommerce and professional services.
What You Will Do:
- Provide Canadian specific requirements to support payment acceptance solutions for both card present and card not present environments.
- Represent Canadian merchant needs and requirements for processing, reporting and reconciliation.
- Have a strong understanding of Canadian methods of payment and payment brands - including a deep understanding of Interac products, services and rules/requirements.
- Represent Canadian language and Code of Conduct requirements across all aspects of the Merchant Experience.
- Work closely with our ISV partnerships to ensure that our solutions and services meet the needs and requirements of those partners specific to the Canadian market.
- Partner with marketing to stand up an online directory of all managed software solutions, enabling clients to easily identify solutions that work with Chase, are appropriate for their verticals in Canada.
- Provide product expertise and recommendations on a redesign of our Chase Canada public website to enable merchants to more easily identify the right solutions for their needs.
- Support the broader small business product transformation agenda by serving as an agile strategist who can lean in and engage in complex problem solving as needed.
- Partner with product and engineering teams across Chase to deliver against the roadmap.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to identify client needs.
- Define and track metrics that inform the success of your product initiatives.
What We Are Looking For:
- Product management experience within the payments domain with a strong track record of success.
- Keen understanding of the Canadian POS landscape, device management, fulfillment and servicing.
- A thorough understanding of EMV in Canada for both contact/contactless transactions.
- A collaborator with persuasive communication skills and the ability to partner effectively with engineering and other cross-functional teams.
- A creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs and value; generate out-of-the-box solutions, and cut through ambiguity to drive results.
- Self-driven with a proven ability to prioritize and execute on multiple concurrent initiatives in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Curious and driven to learn new things, solve challenging problems, and make data-driven decisions.
- Empathetic with a passion to deliver great customer and user experiences.
- Experience partnering with marketing to create product collateral.
- Fluency in French is preferred but not required.
WePay at a glance
WePay focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, E-Commerce, Payments, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, WePay has raised $74.15M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.