Powerful apis built for platforms, powered by chase
Product Analyst, Payment Reconciliation
WePay’s product organization is growing and we are looking for a Product Analyst - Payments Reconciliation. In this role you will focus on reporting and reconciliation for critical financial accounting and business operations functions. You will partner closely with our accounting, payments operations, reconciliation engineering, and payments product teams, as well as a number of our external partners.
Knowledge of accounting, payments, and the ability to perform large, complex data analysis using SQL will be essential to success. If finding patterns in complex data sets and reconciling payment variances sounds interesting to you, this role might be an ideal fit.
What Will You Do
- Collaborate with product, engineering, accounting, and operations teams to solve technical and operational problems at scale
- Conduct quantitative research to identify patterns
- Perform large, complex data analysis using SQL on a daily basis
- Coordinate with multiple teams to resolve reconciliation escalations
- Lead analysis, develop product requirements, manage scope and create test cases
- Manage daily and monthly reporting, in partnership with our engineering, business operations and accounting teams
- Review technical specs and work closely with engineering to deliver scalable technical solutions for payments products
- Deeply understand and document the workings of our systems
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional stakeholders
- Be the technical expert on reconciliation and payments processes
What We Are Looking For
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience (additional scripting experience would be a plus).
- Double-book accounting and general ledger experience
- Payments industry experience including chargebacks, credit and bank payments & payouts.
- Experience working with processors and credit card networks would be a plus
- Creative problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Data-driven with the ability to draw meaningful insights from the data to advance and enhance our product roadmap
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute on multiple, concurrent initiatives in a fast-paced agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science or a related technical field
WePay at a glance
WePay focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, E-Commerce, Payments, and Developer APIs. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, WePay has raised $74.15M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.