Match.com for Healthcare Relationships
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)10.0% – 13.0%
Wellacopia is looking for an experienced (ideally full stack) CTO to lead the company’s technological vision for our mission-driven healthcare platform.
Wellacopia is on a mission to help people with chronic illnesses find their ideal, long-term practitioners through compatibility matching (in essence, the Match.com for healthcare).
Wellacopia’s founder Eva Minkoff created Wellacopia with the aim of humanizing the relationship between patients with chronic illnesses and their doctors. We are principally based in New York and have a user base of patients and practitioners that is growing rapidly across the country. Join our experienced team of rockstars from Fitango Health, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, WEGO Health, HootBoard, and New York Life Ventures.
*CTO will also be the lead developer until further notice as we do not have a tech team at this time. *
We are looking for an experienced (ideally full stack) CTO to lead the company’s technological vision, design and implement technology roadmap, mentor and develop the team, and ensure that the technological resources are aligned with the company’s business needs. Reporting to the CEO, the CTO will lead our mission to utilize technology to improve efficiency, accessibility, and experience for all of Wellacopia’s userbase of patients and practitioners.
We are looking for someone to help us pivot the product into an API. This API will be used by established healthcare organizations so that they can apply our matching algoirthm within their own network of doctors and patients (i.e. insurance companies, health systems, telemedicine apps, etc.)
The current Wellacopia platform (a marketplace model) is built with a Java backend and an Angular JS frontend.
Our primary technical concerns are security of the Wellacopia platform, protection and data integrity of highly-confidential patient data, a delightful experience for our users, and integration-first APIs.
** The Opportunity:**
· Continuously evolve our vision for how technology will be used in the company in a rapidly-changing and complex industry
· Ensure that the technology meets the company’s short and long-term needs
· Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards, particularly HIPAA
· Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
· Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
· Stay on top of technology trends and developments
· Mentor and develop the engineering team and build a strong engineering culture
· Extensive experience working as a software engineer and manager in Java, Angular JS or similar framework (ideally full stack)
· Track record of recruiting, mentoring, and scaling engineering talent and building a strong engineering culture.
· A business leader with experience in a high-accountability, high empathy environment who can effectively work with various company stakeholders and impact across the company
· Background & experience in startups related to marketplaces, healthcare, or consumer health & wellness
Our Tech Stack:
Java, Angular JS, AWS
10-13% equity, salary post-seed raise