Kickstarter for investing. Help fix capitalism
Head of Growth$100k – $140k • 0.3% – 0.5%
Wefunder is like "Kickstarter for investing". We're the largest funding platform that helps normal people make investments in startups. Over the past few years, we've help fund 349 startups with $123,291,717 – including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and potential Ebola cures.
We're looking for a self-directed Head of Growth to own our North Star growth metrics.
Our past growth has been driven by the number of companies we launch on the platform: 50% of investments in each company come from the friends, family, and customers of the founder, then 25% of those investors go on to make a repeat inevstment. Where before we brute-forced growth by simply launching more companies, we now need a dedicated team member to own optimizing our conversion funnels.
Our Dream Candidate: Product Leader & Coder
Our dream candidate can "scale up" to manage a growth team as Wefunder expands, but, in these early stages, get their hands dirty with the actual product work. You should be able to code enough to set up landing pages, run AB tests to increase conversion, and deliver automated targetted mails. Plus, have good product instincts. Bonus points if you've founded a company before; you'll understand the user better.
Some things you could be doing
Over the last few years, we've done almost no marketing or growth experimentation. There is a ton of low hanging fruit that you can prioritize. Some examples:
- Improving SEO to increase the number of founders who apply for funding
- Improving our founder conversion funnel, to identify those most likely to raise money
- Creating targeted ads automatically for each active campaign
- Tweaking referral programs to encourage more imvestors & founders to sign up
- Creating & AB testing landing pages to increase founder signup conversion
- Measuring results with Mixpanel & Google Analytics
- Experiment with new product functionality that drives repeat investments
- While you may have full-time engineers and designers dedicated to major growth projects, you should have enough HTML, CSS, and Ruby on Rails experience to be self-sufficient on easier projects. You'll be expected to do things like commit to git, deploy to Heroku, modify basic html, create landing pages, and run simple database queries.
- Market-rate salaries and stock options.
- Unlimited vacation days (mandatory 3 weeks off).
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- All-expense paid Wefunder vacation. We’ve taken three train trips across the country.
- Apple equipment. Whatever you want.
- Lots of free food and drinks.
- Reimbursement for classes and conferences.
- Invites to S'more Club :)
Email email@example.com with why you'd like to work for us. Brownie points: include a survival skill you'd offer the team in a post-apocalyptic world.
On May 16, 2016, it became legal for regular people to invest as little as $100 in startups and small businesses. Since then, we have become the largest equity crowdfunding platform. We've helped 349 startups and small businesses – including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and potential Ebola cures – raise $123,291,717.
We're a Public Benefit Corporation with a mission to revitalize capitalism and keep the American dream alive. GDP growth is slowing. Wealth inequality is increasing. Entrepreneurship is dying across America; falling from 10.6% to 3.6% among those under 30 since 1989. We're reversing these trends by funding more deserving businesses across all of America, not solely tech startups in Silicon Valley.
Want to help? Join us! We're a team of founder types: enjoy autonomy, responsibility, the opportunity to learn, and no red tape. Just make it happen.
Open jobs: https://wefunder.com/jobs
Our Public Benefit Corp mission: https://wefunder.com/charter
Healthcare, dental, vision, 401k
Wefunder covers 100% of health care, dental, and vision. We also offer a 401k plan.
Gym or rock climbing membership
Free memberships at a gym of your choice. We also go rock climbing as a team sometimes!
We don't track vacation or personal days. But we do mandate you take at least three weeks off. One of our values is that friends don't let friends burn out!
All-expense paid vacation
Once a year, the team goes somewhere cool, all expenses paid. Previously: Greece, Thailand, Hawaii, Italy, and three train trips across America.
3 month sabbatical
After three years of service, get three paid months off.
Food & drinks
Our kitchen is always well stocked with foods and drinks. We often cook each other breakfast and lunch!
Pets are cool!
Please bring your therapy peacock to work
Classes & learning
If you can learn something useful, we'll pay for it. Classes don't need to be directly related to your job.
We'll invest in your next company
If you've worked at least two years, and want to start your own thing, we're happy to be your first investor.
The equipment you want
Wefunder at a glance
Wefunder focuses on Finance, Crowdfunding, and Invest Online. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Wefunder has raised $11.067M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019 at a valuation of $50M.