Kickstarter for investing. Help fix capitalism
Lead Visual Designer$80k – $120k • 0.5% – 0.75%
We're ready to completely re-design Wefunder for 2020: new branding, new stylesheet, new React components. We're looking for a visual designer to lead that charge.
Good design is incredibly important to us. We believe beautiful software is the sum of thousands of small details. Over the past few years, while keeping up with our hyper-growth in operational load, we let our design suffer. It makes us sad. We're ready to fix it.
We're looking for someone obsessed with crafting world-class product. Someone that will not only "make it pretty", but who will fully grok our users and mission.
Good design is about emotion as much as utility. You will help guard the "soul" of our product. It's an important job.
- Your portfolio is eye-wateringly beautiful. You bleed minimalism and simplicity. We admire Airbnb, for instance.
- You have a critical eye for detail. If it's not pixel-perfect, it drives you crazy.
- You can code up some CSS and HTML in a pinch and submit to a git repository. We don't expect amazing engineering skills, but believe that web designers who understand the medium are better at their jobs.
- You are interested in improving your front-end coding chops.
- You naturally design for responsive layouts.
- You are amazing at empathy, and can get inside the head of our users.
- Lead a complete visual overhaul and revamp our styleguide. Implement a consistent responsive layout, typography, colors, standard UI elements, etc. We've been growing too fast and have accumulated a lot of design debt.
- Create detailed pixel-perfect Figma mockups and work closely with engineers iteratively. (Brownie points if you prefer HTML mockups).
- Fix our branding. It's never been as important as building something users actually want, but it's getting kind of embarrassing now.
- Collaborate with engineers to design new features, with a focus on simplicity and good UX. We like interdisciplinary team members, so you also can work on product design.
- Market-rate salaries and stock options.
- Unlimited vacation days (mandatory 3 weeks off).
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- All-expense paid Wefunder vacation. We’ve taken three train trips across the country.
- Apple equipment. Whatever you want.
- Lots of free food and drinks.
- Reimbursement for classes and conferences.
- Invites to S'more Club :)
Email email@example.com with why you'd like to work for us. Brownie points: include a survival skill you'd offer the team in a post-apocalyptic world.
On May 16, 2016, it became legal for regular people to invest as little as $100 in startups and small businesses. Since then, we have become the largest equity crowdfunding platform. We've helped 349 startups and small businesses – including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and potential Ebola cures – raise $123,291,717.
We're a Public Benefit Corporation with a mission to revitalize capitalism and keep the American dream alive. GDP growth is slowing. Wealth inequality is increasing. Entrepreneurship is dying across America; falling from 10.6% to 3.6% among those under 30 since 1989. We're reversing these trends by funding more deserving businesses across all of America, not solely tech startups in Silicon Valley.
Want to help? Join us! We're a team of founder types: enjoy autonomy, responsibility, the opportunity to learn, and no red tape. Just make it happen.
Open jobs: https://wefunder.com/jobs
Our Public Benefit Corp mission: https://wefunder.com/charter
Healthcare, dental, vision, 401k
Wefunder covers 100% of health care, dental, and vision. We also offer a 401k plan.
Gym or rock climbing membership
Free memberships at a gym of your choice. We also go rock climbing as a team sometimes!
We don't track vacation or personal days. But we do mandate you take at least three weeks off. One of our values is that friends don't let friends burn out!
All-expense paid vacation
Once a year, the team goes somewhere cool, all expenses paid. Previously: Greece, Thailand, Hawaii, Italy, and three train trips across America.
3 month sabbatical
After three years of service, get three paid months off.
Food & drinks
Our kitchen is always well stocked with foods and drinks. We often cook each other breakfast and lunch!
Pets are cool!
Please bring your therapy peacock to work
Classes & learning
If you can learn something useful, we'll pay for it. Classes don't need to be directly related to your job.
We'll invest in your next company
If you've worked at least two years, and want to start your own thing, we're happy to be your first investor.
The equipment you want
Wefunder at a glance
Wefunder focuses on Finance, Crowdfunding, and Invest Online. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Wefunder has raised $11.067M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019 at a valuation of $50M.