All-in-one web design platform
Backend Software Engineer, Collaboration
About the role
* Location: San Francisco HQ or remote. The collaboration team is currently spread across the continental US, with people also working across Europe.
* Time zone: We have flexible working hours, but 2-3 times a week we have regular team meetings that can fall between 8:30am PST and 11am PST.
We’re looking for a backend software engineer to help build the next generation of team centric tools on our platform that unlock new workflows to make teams that collaborate in Webflow more productive and client work more seamless.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you’ll:
* Have access to mentors within the company
* Have opportunities to work with our robust AWS infrastructure all coordinated by Kubernetes, Terraform, and running on Docker.
* Model new solutions, troubleshoot problems, refactor existing systems, and collaborate with both our cross-functional product area team and the backend team.
* Collaborate with the team to improve our internal development process
* Maintain existing code, and have opportunities to architect and build entirely new functionality on our platform
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects directly related to Webflow
You’ll thrive as a Backend Software Engineer if you:
* Are comfortable behind a linux terminal
* Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
* Are comfortable providing caring and constructive feedback to others
* Possess a customer-centric mindset
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
1. For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
2. For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
1. Start with customers
2. Practice extraordinary kindness
3. Be radically candid
4. Move uncomfortably fast
5. Just fix it
6. Lead by serving others
7. Dream big
Our commitments to you
* We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
* We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
* We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
* We offer flexible parental leave
* We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
* We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Backend Engineer and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
At Webflow, we care about the physical and mental well-being of all team members. We cover health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents (and an HRA to cover out of pocket costs.)
Competitive parental leave
We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads. Plus, we offer remote and work from home flexibility — so you can be wherever you need to for your little ones.
Paid time off
In addition to 4+ weeks of paid time off, we’ll also pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days. Plus, we celebrate you with birthday time off!
Health and wellness stipend
We care about your mental and physical well-being — so we provide $200 a month to help you meet your health and wellness goals.
Complimentary coaching services
We offer every Webflower coaching services through Bravely — whenever you need them.
Annual learning budget
Enjoy a $1,000 annual extended learning budget — for anything you want to learn!
We host a yearly team offsite and company retreat to allow everyone on our team to connect and reflect. Previous team retreat locations include Lisbon and Cancun.
Shiny new gear
All team members receive a shiny new Macbook of their choice and monitor(s) as needed.
10% time program
Webflow allows its employees to use up to 10 percent of their work week at Webflow to pursue special projects.
Plus other great perks!
These are just a few of the benefits and perks for Webflow employees — check out webflow.com/jobs to learn more about all of the perks we offer.
Webflow at a glance
Webflow focuses on SaaS, Web Design, Web Development, and Web CMS. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Webflow has raised $1.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2014.