Delightful New Experiences with Adaptive Music
Senior Backend Engineer$125k – $175k • 0.25% – 0.5%
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, world-class backend engineer to join our growing team. You’ll be our fourth engineer focused on building out our music streaming service for our running app and SDK (weavrun.com/app). Then, you’ll grow into a team leader or manager as we further expand our team.
Weav is a NYC-based startup and recently raised a Series A with investors including Peloton and King River Capital. We’re building groundbreaking adaptive music technology, are working with top artists from major labels Warner and Sony, and will be launching a partnership with a global fitness brand later this year. Our first product, Weav Run, is a musical running app that seamlessly adapts the tempo and timeline of hit songs to match your stride and workout.
- Are a world-class expert at building scalable, performant systems from scratch.
- Enjoy mentoring junior members of your team to create code that is well-organized, and easy to read and maintain.
- Are as stacknostic as we are
- Possess excellent communication skills and enjoy collaborating with business and technical stakeholders alike.
- Prefer working on world-changing products in a small startup environment
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and produce stable features at breakneck speed
- Love music! And maybe running, too :)
- If this describes you, we’d love to connect! Some of the projects you could own and lead include:
- A never-seen-before adaptive music streaming server
- A content management system for our adaptive music production and usage reporting
- Integrations with external music partners’ technologies
- .….lots more, depending on your interests!
More about us: We’re a small and fast-growing team hailing from all corners of the world, led by renowned pioneers in tech (co-founder of Google Maps, engineering director at Facebook). We have an endless supply of world-class coffee made with our red La Marzocco , which has traveled with us to our successive offices in London, LA, & NYC. We take pride in fostering an inclusive culture, and strive to ensure everyone maintains a healthy work/life balance.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Company Equity
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Free daily lunch
- Free subscription to the Weav Run app
- Coverage of entry fees for races and marathons
- Forbes: forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2017/12/19/bedroom-bpm-meet-the-startup…
- Women's Running:womensrunning.competitor.com/2017/08/news/weav-run-music-pace_78926#hdVyj6pSu…
- Paste Magazine:pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/08/weav-from-the-founder-of-google-maps-puts-…