Online destination for unique products from the world's best independent boutiques
A software-enabled marketplace, Trouva brings customers beautiful homewares from the best independent boutiques around the world. We’re building a different kind of e-commerce experience, driven by discovery and inspiration. Using cutting edge technology, Trouva harnesses the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm, and scales their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares.
Backed by world-leading investors, we’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for exceptional people to join the Trouva family. Get a feel for what we're about through our Instagram (workable.com/nr?l=http://www.instagram.com/wearetrouva) or vision page (workable.com/nr?l=https://www.trouva.com/pages/ourvision) .
What you'll do:
Reporting into the Head of Business Operations and working closely with our Finance Executive and Business Operations Analyst, our ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant with a sound in-house or audit background, who demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and is hungry to help us develop our finance function at a global level.
More specifically, we are looking for someone who will:
* Manage and improve our monthly management accounts process, including variance analysis, reporting and reconciliations
* Prepare the statutory accounts and manage tax compliance (Corporate tax returns, VAT returns, PAYE, EC sales list)
* Be responsible for our AP process, including critical supplier and Boutique payments
* Document our processes and develop our control framework, evaluating and managing risk
* Coordinate our Audit process and work closely with our Auditors to implement change
* Drive process improvements with the mindset of continuous improvement, with a focus on efficiency through automation whether this means process change using excel/Xero, implementing new add-on software or working with our product team to build internal software
* Work closely with our advisers and the business to coordinate the setup of our international entities and manage their compliance
* Support the Head of Business Operations and Founders with budget forecast and cash flow forecast analysis
* Develop a culture of partnering across the business - working closely with Leads to provide more valuable and timely information
* Support with the development of Trouva’s finance strategy
* Educate the business on finance and tax matters so that we can be proactive in managing change
In terms of technical skills:
* Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA,CIMA or equivalent)
* 5 years + audit or in house finance experience (2+ years post qualified)
* Retail, marketplace or ecommerce background an advantage but by no means essential
* Intermediate Excel (Advanced excel an advantage)
Knowledge of Xero or other finance systems preferable
* Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
* 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
* Competitive Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave policies
* A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
* Need tech or equipment? We'll provide you with what you need to get the job done
* Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people, including weekly meditation, yoga, five a side football and Pizza Friday's!
* Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
* Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk
Trouva at a glance
Trouva focuses on E-Commerce, Marketplaces, Bridging Online and Offline, and Local Commerce. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Trouva has raised $35.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.