Online destination for unique products from the world's best independent boutiques
Full-stack Engineer£40k – £65k • 0.025% – 0.1%
A software-enabled marketplace, Trouva brings customers beautiful homewares from the best independent boutiques around the world. We’re building a different kind of e-commerce experience, driven by discovery and inspiration. Using cutting edge technology, Trouva harnesses the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm, and scales their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares.
Backed by world-leading investors, we’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for exceptional people to join the Trouva family. Get a feel for what we're about through our Instagram (workable.com/nr?l=http://www.instagram.com/wearetrouva) or vision page (workable.com/nr?l=https://www.trouva.com/pages/ourvision) !
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics. We provide customers with access to inventory that was not available before and create a seamless shopping experience when buying from independent boutiques.
As a Full Stack Engineer you’ll work closely with the rest of the team to progress Trouva’s technology platform. The challenge is diverse: you’ll have the opportunity to work on inventory management, order processing, internal communication tools, but also, and maybe most importantly, on creating an alternative shopping experience for the Trouva customer.
* Experience working with or at least a solid understanding of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef. Understanding of the role of load balancers and DNS, able to setup a basic infrastructure with some direction.
* Experience having designed at least one API or subset of functionality from scratch. Able to discuss needs from both server side implementation and client side needs.
* Experience working with CI/CD, able to discuss different testing approaches and have a good understanding of difference between things like unit/integration tests.
* You’ve got experience testing applications, through unit, behaviour & integration tests. You understand that testing is essential to build robust applications and you’re experienced with setting up the appropriate test tooling to ensure rapid development and continuous deployment.
* You’ve previously been exposed to at least one frontend production application and have a keen interest in learning more about building beautiful experiences for the end-user.
* Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
* 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
* Competitive Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave policies
* A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
* Need tech or equipment? We'll provide you with what you need to get the job done
* Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people, including weekly meditation, yoga, five a side football and Pizza Friday's!
* Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
* Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk
Trouva at a glance
Trouva focuses on E-Commerce, Marketplaces, Bridging Online and Offline, and Local Commerce. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Trouva has raised $35.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.