Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Wayfair is currently seeking a UX-focused Content Strategist to drive the content strategy for supplier-facing tools, supporting the content experience from UI elements to contextual help. In this role, you’ll work alongside a team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to collaboratively shape product experiences by creating useful, relevant content. This is not a content marketing or social media-related role.
Ideal candidates are not only detail-oriented writers, but also sought-after collaborators, critical product thinkers, and empathetic creators who work well in entrepreneurial environments. If you’ve ever been called “tenacious” or a “UX evangelist,” that’s a plus: We’re a small team in a big org, and you’ll be relied on to consistently and persuasively advocate for best-in-class content on behalf of our suppliers.
What you’ll do:
- Write clear, compelling copy and drive strategy for new tool development
- Ensure consistent messaging across platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver and maintain scalable, effective, and consistent content, including inline help, UI elements, and other supplier-facing communications
- Provide ongoing qualitative and quantitative measurements of content usage and effectiveness
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how users interact with our products and tools, and use data to drive meaningful content decisions
- Carry the Wayfair brand voice through multiple channels, while also driving product-specific tone and style standards
Desired skills & experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Library Science, Communications, Marketing, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of content strategy experience for internal and/or B2B audiences (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing and conversation-mapping skills, as well as an understanding of how to identify user problems
- Experience driving content strategy deliverables, such as content audits, inventories, and matrices
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically—understanding how design and content work together to provide users with a consistent experience
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, and organizational skills
- A motivated, self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to push independent and team projects to completion
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.