Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning Platform
Senior Software Engineer - ML Plats
Machine Learning Platforms team builds software to democratize data science across all of Wayfair by simplifying the end-to-end workflow for building, deploying and maintaining machine learning applications at scale, as well as managing the underlying data. Providing leverage and speed to market for data scientists and their stakeholders. We act as an internal SaaS platform where our customers are other engineering and data science teams. The current set of platforms span a wide range of machine learning use-cases such as model and dataset storage, input feature management and spinning up scalable model prediction microservices. As we grow we are going to tackle the rest of the data science problem space including support for training, reinforcement learning models, online learning and many others.
What You’ll Do:
- Use Python to build systems with a large machine learning component
- Utilize Java/Scala for big data and high throughput services
- Work on services are running in Docker containers on top of Kubernetes
- Utilize frameworks such as Apache Spark, Storm and Kafka as part of our infrastructure
- Balance the adoption of new technologies to fill a need with a pragmatic focus that allows us to be extremely effective at delivering massive value to the business in a timely manner
What You'll Need
- Experience as a full lifecycle software engineer and deep understanding of a modern programming language (such as Python, Java, C#, Scala, GO, or others)
- Experience developing and designing scalable systems
- Deep understanding and experience of object oriented design and design patterns
- Proponent of clean code and best practices
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing without authority
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.