Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Software Engineer, Application Lifecycle
Wayfair has hundreds of services running in Kubernetes, powering everything from our order processing pipelines, to our media ingestion systems, and our interfaces with suppliers. The Application Lifecycle team focuses on helping engineers create new applications, maintain those applications, and finally decommission those that reach end of life. We work across platform teams, infrastructure teams, and engineering teams with a focus on developer UX. We build scalable systems that reduce toil, address tech debt, enable rapid iteration and ultimately empower Wayfair’s thousands of engineers to fully own their applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Use Python, Docker, Buildkite, and Kubernetes to build scalable systems with high test coverage
- Work with fantastic engineers in a remote-friendly environment where we prioritize work-life balance
- Partner with language experts to build systems that dynamically generate and deploy new applications in Python, C#, Java, and PHP
- Support infrastructure and platform teams by assisting rollout of new best practices and technologies
Architect and build automated systems that:
- Update application code at scale across hundreds of git repositories
- Scan for and create visibility around tech debt
- Identify and decommission production applications that are no longer in use
What You’ll Need:
- Expertise with a common server-side language (e.g. Python, Java, Go)
- History of delivering high value software systems with high test coverage
- Ability to work effectively with people and enjoy helping others achieve their goals.
Experience with the following would also be a plus:
- Proficiency in Python 3 and knowledge of Python best practices and antipatterns
- Git expertise and experience with Git automation
- Helm, Docker, docker-compose and Kubernetes
- Buildkite or similar CI/CD platforms
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.