Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Localization Specialist - German language
Who we are:
We are the largest online retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States and we are working hard to replicate our success story in the European market. To help build our DE business our dedicated Localisation team is now looking for a talented Translation & QA Specialist for our EU Merchandising team to help localize storefront, product catalogue and other interfaces for our DE market.
This is a great opportunity to directly impact the development of our German business and to make sure that our customers have the best shopping experience possible. Are you a professional translator, proofreader or copywriter and ready to join one of Berlin’s hottest international companies? If the answer is yes, then we would very much like to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Support our Merchandising Operations team in our mission to become the best online place to shop for the home
- Execute on data-driven projects to improve product data quality and help customers make purchasing decisions
- Develop a deep comprehension of how site merchandising operations works cross-functionally in a large multicultural company
- Translate high priority projects with Computer Assisted Translation tools (e.g. Smartling)
- Ensure we have the best-in-class content experience for our German customers by reviewing, editing English product translations into German and performing quality assurance processes on our product catalogue
- Contribute to cross-functional initiatives and learn how to manage projects on your own
- Coordinate, onboard, train and support freelance translators
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes to make our team more efficient and effective
Who you are:
- C2 level of German. Additional European languages are a plus
- Experience in translation, copywriting and proofreading (Smartling or other CAT tools knowledge are a plus)
- Educational background in Translation/Linguistics/German studies or a related discipline
- A keen eye for detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and as a part of a broader team
- Interest in online media and e-commerce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (business writing, conversational writing)
- Excel and SQL fluency a plus
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.