Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Category Specialist - Home Textiles (m/f/x)
Who We Are:
The Category Management - Home Textiles team has full ownership of key supplier relationships and is directly responsible for driving the category's topline and bottom line. Our team is expected to define overarching goals and strategy for the category, to problem-solve, articulate and execute against tactical plans, manage key business metrics and increase the available selection of products.
In this Category Specialist role, you will work with external partners, our suppliers, and internal cross-functional teams to advance your category’s business agenda and drive strategic business decisions. Category Specialists have ownership of one of our categories, of key supplier relationships and make a direct impact on the category and Wayfair’s bottom line. You will be expected to define overarching goals and strategy for your category, problem-solve, articulate and execute against tactical plans, and manage key business metrics.
What You'll Do:
- Build strong relationships with existing suppliers and execute negotiations to secure best pricing and promotional support
- Analyze data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and for specific supplier partners
- Advance catalog expansion: Identify selection gaps, prioritize new item production, and develop relationships with target suppliers
- Identify sales, merchandising, and operational opportunities for the category and collaborate with internal teams to drive change (Planning, Advertising, Merchandising, Operations, PR, Finance, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
- Analyze and anticipate competitor marketing, selection, and pricing strategy
- Attend trade shows to meet key suppliers (twice per year)
What You'll Need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field
- Fluency in German and English
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint expertise (+ G Suite); readiness to work with data using Excel, SQL, Tableau and other tools
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- A track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills; a demonstrated ability to dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- A structured, proactive approach to your work, eager to progress professionally and motivated to drive business growth
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team and also to work autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to work within a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.