Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Junior Copywriter - German Language (Contract)
We are searching for a talented Copywriter to join our European Creative team. We are the copywriters, designers, and project managers responsible for every piece of collateral for the European business. We partner closely with all areas of the business to bring the Wayfair brand to life across email, print, SEO, social, OOH, TV, and much more! We are conceptual thinkers who take a data driven approach to every piece of our workflow.
This is an exciting role for someone who is passionate about contributing to the evolution of our brand and building our German language site and assets. We're a rapidly growing company and while the volume of work we're producing is high, it's important that our creative output remains consistently strong.
Initial 6 Month - Contract Opportunity with potential to extend
What You'll Do
- Develop copy that speaks to our German audience while adhering to brand voice and best practices
- Writing short-form copy that is crafty, concise and to the point
- Work, collaborate and growth within a small team of copywriters building our DE and UK brand, to create strong messaging across email, social, onsite and other marketing channels and assets
- Collaborate with our designers to ensure copy and visuals work together to create a strong narrative
- Identify and optimise opportunities to enhance the quality of our output through stakeholder feedback, A/B testing and analysis of emerging trends and developments in the field
What You'll Need
- Bilingual level German and professional proficiency English language skills,
- Proven ability to adapt your writing style to different audience groups and a range of German language media channels and formats
- Writing examples/ portfolio of work for German language audience
- Qualification in Public Relations, Marketing, Communication or a related subject
- Some experience writing for a retail audience, either in-house or at an agency
- Excellent problem solving skills with demonstrated success in facts-paced, collaborative and cross-functional team environments
- Basic understanding of marketing KPIs and not afraid of reading and understanding data
- Meticulous attention to detail and experience editing copy
- You're curious about our customers, what they want and how we can speak to them effectively
- You've got a strong work ethic and keep a positive attitude, even in deadline driven environments
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply for this role, please send us your resume in English and attach some examples of your written work in German.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.