Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Projecthub Senior Engineer
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Projecthub is the team that builds and maintains tools leveraged by the entire company to plan, execute, analyze and course correct project roadmaps and manage business operations. Our Mission is to enable velocity by creating visibility across all stages of project planning as well as execution. ProjectHub is Wayfair’s implementation of Atlassian Jira which provides a suite of productivity tools for engineering and product management. It has high visibility within Wayfair and is used daily by thousands of users internally.
The contributions from this team are impactful across the board. What we build directly affects the productivity of groups within Wayfair that are responsible for Product, Engineering, Analytics, Design, Front-end and QA. Your work will impact 17000+ Wayfair employees, and as a Senior Engineer on the Projecthub team, you will have a tremendous opportunity to impact the business.
*What You'll Do: *
- Serve as a technical leader and drive the future roadmap of ProjectHub software solutions
- Collaborate with stakeholders across product and engineering to understand pain points and drive initiatives forward
- Be a product owner for the platform and device solutions
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to other engineers and help develop their skills while contributing with them on a variety of projects
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities and scope of business objectives and develop near term goals and set technical objectives to meet the Core Funnel engineering and product vision
- Drive software development initiatives and API development across dozens of services
- Show a passion for innovation and results by achieving them
- Help scale the team through effective hiring, on-boarding, retention, and continuous improvement
*What You'll Need: *
- 7+ years of experience in engineering, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Hands-on experience driving software Tools Development
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence decisions
- Experience with Kubernetes, Java, containerization, microservices, JIRA and front end frameworks like ReactJS preferred
- Data-driven approach towards measuring outcomes and linking them back to Business objects
- Experience with Machine Learning (ML) platforms is a strong plus
- Familiarity with industry best practices in this space
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
*About Us: *
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.