Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Head of Merchandising Content Platform Engineering
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of millions of products across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Merchandising Engineering is responsible for creating and developing the backend suite of tools and processes to manage our product catalog of over 18+ million products across the US, UK, DE and Canada. We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader to oversee our Merchandising Content Platform division and drive the transformation of our services offerings. You will be responsible for growing and leading high performance engineering teams across our platforms. Your work will reach users across product, engineering and merchandising operations, ultimately creating a best-in-class experience for our customers and over 12,000 suppliers. In this role you will partner closely with internal stakeholders across the business including merchandising operations, data science, and executive leadership.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, develop and mentor a cross-functional engineering team of 60+ across all levels of seniority
- Partner with product leaders to create a product vision and roadmap
- Create a scalable backend platform to help drive the work of engineering and product teams across the organization
- Execute on new ideas that have an outsized, significant and lasting impact
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to others within our technology organization, specifically around architecture, best practices and execution
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years industry experience preferred with at least 8 years of experience in engineering leadership
- Strong track record of building and transforming engineering teams that can innovate rapidly. Preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Preference for candidates who have led transformations within large companies from monolith to services oriented architecture
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Demonstrated experience navigating a complex organization and generating buy-in for plans
- Bias for action
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.