Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Technical Product Specialist, App Marketing
Come join the App Marketing team in a newly created position as a Senior Technical Product Specialist.The App Marketing team owns app user growth and retention across 5 consumer apps, including the 3x Webby award-winning Wayfair App. We operate as a well-funded startup, responsible for full-funnel app marketing leveraging digital advertising (e.g. Facebook, Google, etc.) to drive installs, App Store optimization, push notification innovation, app re-engagement campaigns and owned media strategy. We partner closely with internal teams such as Data Science, Business Intelligence, Ad Tech, App Product, Promotions, and Creative to expand our advertising reach and provide a more personalized and sticky app experience. Our app is a strategic lever for the business and growing quickly. As such, this is a great opportunity to generate measurable impact for the business in a high-visibility role.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Product Specialist to join our team to own end-to-end app data integrations and serve as an internal consultant to the broader marketing org in order to further accelerate the growth of the app program and enable a better experience for our app customers. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial technically-minded individual who is interested in learning more about the mar/ad tech and app product spaces.
What you’ll do:
- Own and drive roadmap for app data optimization and integration within our marketing stack
- Partner closely with app marketing, product managers, engineers and external vendors to investigate issues, identify opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Become a technical expert in app data and ad tech integrations and serve as advocate for app within the broader organization
- Document current processes and serve as strategic consultant to improve app monetization on other paid channels
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area (computer science, engineering, mathematics, or economics) or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a quantitative or technical field such as consulting, engineering or product management
- Interest and/or experience in Mar/Ad Tech and App Marketing
- Experience with SQL, other coding languages and Test and Learn practices
- Dynamic self-starter with high operational acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset looking to make a big impact in a growing organization
- Strategic thinker with a customer-first mindset and a desire for creative problem solving
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; comfortable in a data-driven environment
- Collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.