Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Software Engineer, Platform Engineering
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
On the Platform Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to use your expertise in coding, algorithms, distributed systems and systems design. Examples of the projects include distributed event processing, enhancing kubernetes & istio, backend systems for highly scalable metrics and logging infrastructure & cost optimization. You will work in a global team, with on-premise and cloud-based deployments in an inclusive environment.
*What You’ll Do: *
- Build, design and contribute to software powering infrastructure platforms with an eye towards improving reliability, scalability, latency and efficiency.
- Write high quality code in Golang or Rust.
- Work closely with software and platform teams to ensure that the system is designed, developed and deployed using proper analysis, design, development and testing disciplines.
- Identify opportunities to improve methodologies, practices and processes of the full software development and operational life cycle.
*What You’ll Need: *
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Rust, Golang, C, C++
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and/or distributed systems principles.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining critical infrastructure in a production environment preferably in a large scale linux/unix environment.
Who We Are:
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.