Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Assistant Category Manager - UK Home Improvement
Who We Are:
Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes and our team is tasked with building a best in class home improvement retail business across the UK and German markets. Externally, we manage supplier relationships, partnering to build eCommerce strategies with industry leading manufacturers and supporting them in their execution. Internally, we work closely with other functional groups within Wayfair to drive results for our suppliers and the category.
We are looking for a talented Assistant Category Manager to help us deepen our relationships with suppliers while unlocking out-sized revenue and margin growth. You will be expected to define overarching goals and strategy for your suppliers, problem-solve, articulate and execute against tactical plans, and manage key business metrics. You must be able to expertly negotiate, internally and externally, while also being an effective cross-functional project manager.
What You'll Do
- Build strong relationships with existing suppliers and execute negotiations to secure best pricing and promotional support
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers within the category and champion the Wayfair Recipe for Success
- Analyse supplier performance to determine tactical next steps and strategic vision
- Negotiate frequently with existing suppliers to optimise performance and cost base, including everyday pricing, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Identify sales, merchandising, and operational opportunities for the category and collaborate with internal teams to drive change
- Collaborate across departments to drive supplier goals, including Supply-Chain, Merchandising, Supplier Operations, PR, Customer Service, Business Intelligence
What You'll Need
- A graduate degree in a STEM or Business related discipline
- Demonstrated success in building business relationships with internal and external stakeholders Demonstrated ability to lead successful commercial negotiations
- Excellent Excel skills, together with an analytical mindset and data-driven approach: demonstrated experience working with complex data to develop robust commercial recommendations
- Articulate, persuasive and personable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work within a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience in an eCommerce environment is advantageous
- European languages are a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.