Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Performance Marketing Channel Lead
Who we are
As Wayfair's EU Marketing team, we are building the marketing platform to run a pan-European online home & lifestyle champion with one key goal: Drive Wayfair’s success in the US all the way to Europe.
We are a diverse, international team of entrepreneurial minds and customer advocates. We love driving business impact and apply our highly data-driven mindset in steering our marketing investments to meet our ROI targets.
We have a “test & learn” culture in everything we do and tightly collaborate with a large group of data scientists and creative specialists working solely on marketing-related questions.
What you will do
- You will be responsible for a key customer acquisition channel (Google Shopping / Google Ads, Comparison Shopping), overseeing a multi-million Euro monthly advertising budget. Your goal is to acquire as many customers as efficiently (highest ROI) as possible.
- You will lead a team of two analysts and support their career development within the organization. You will be responsible for growing the team further in the future.
- You will shape the strategy for your channel on the basis of tons of internal data using a diverse set of tools (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Excel) and techniques.
- You will operate our world class tools to further build out campaigns, adjust performance on platforms such as Google Ads and improve our own site.
- You will closely work together with our dedicated Data Science, Engineering, and BI teams to co-define the evolution of our platforms and tools.
- You will be part of the EU Marketing leadership team, and collaborate across channels and with core business functions like Pricing and Category Management.
What You Need
- At least Bachelor degree in a quantitative field of study: math, sciences, economics, or business
- Hands-on experience leading a business area and managing stakeholders, ideally in performance marketing / search engine marketing
- Solid experience in people leadership, or project based leadership
- Experience with statistical interpretation using real data (e.g., misreads/pitfalls with significance)
- Minimum: advanced Excel skills and SQL experience; preferred: Python / R experience
- Strong business acumen, hunger for driving results and improvement-driven mindset - you quickly grasp KPIs and metrics, and constantly look for opportunities to improve performance
- Open mindset and strong can-do attitude and make things happen in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in English (German is a very big plus)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.