Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Supply Chain Training Supervisor
We are the front-line leaders in the new Wayfair Global Supply Chain Workforce Support Network. We are positioned forward at all the network locations providing direct training & development support to our Supply Chain teams. We bring network-wide resources along with realistic and challenging training initiatives to optimize performance, employee engagement, and professional development for associates and leaders. We are culture evangelists throughout our entire Supply Chain network.
We are looking for a proven leader to influence cross-functional teams responsible for development, standard work, and championing the Wayfair culture, both locally and throughout the Wayfair network. The candidate must be a collaborative problem solver, strategic planner, who can build & manage high performing teams in a fast-paced, rapidly challenging and fluid environment. Up to 10% Travel.
What You'll Do
- Execute all training functions within the Fulfillment Center including New Hire Orientation, Job Function Training, and continuous development.
- Support training plan development, manage priorities, set goals and provide professional development.
- Strategic Stakeholder management to keep network initiatives aligned with local sites operational & training needs.
- Organize, lead, and develop a team of exceptional and dedicated Ambassador Trainers.
- Oversee and own the ‘on the job’ Ambassador Training Program, with key focuses on improving safety and retention.
- Partner with Safety and Operations to improve and develop training materials and processes.
- Record, track and drive compliance on all training initiatives.
- Lead various training sessions as needed, including but not limited to: New Hire Fundamentals, Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) training, Quality & Process (Current & New SOP) Training.
What You’ll Need
- Demonstrated experience in a training role.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Leadership and motivational skills, and the ability to make decisions with little to no guidance based on policies or common sense.
- This position will require a schedule that aligns with the team and being flexible/adaptable is a must.
- Power Equipment experience – must be able to operate or willing to be trained on operation of Powered Industrial Vehicles.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.