Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Operations Analyst, Small Parcel
The Strategic Operational Finance team is looking for an analytical, strategically-minded Senior Analyst to drive critical projects that promote the efficiency of Wayfair’s major supply chain and operations initiatives. The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to make informed business decisions. As a central member of the team, you will provide financial visibility to leadership to make better operational decisions in several of our most important strategic initiatives.
The Canada Operations team within the Strategic Operational Finance organization partners with our logistics and distribution teams to provide insight into operational decisions for Wayfair’s Canadian business. As this business continues to grow, we’re focusing on improving our supply chain with the goals of providing better experiences for our customers, reducing operational costs, and driving long-term competitive advantages for Wayfair. By analyzing the financial implications of both current operational performance and new strategic initiatives, we enable our partner teams to operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Serve as a mini-CFO for the Wayfair’s Canada business, using data to inform strategic and financial Sample projects include:
- Provide insights into month-over-month cost changes
- Build tracking and fast feedback for all new network changes across US and Canada
- Understand cost drivers throughout the supply chain to identify strategic opportunities
- Develop insights into key margin drivers to influence Wayfair’s pricing decisions
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions that can be answered through data analyses; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- Develop reporting metrics and present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive financial and operational strategy
- Partner with business stakeholders to generate financial forecast, plan capital projects, and review business decisions.
The right candidate has:
- At least 1 - 2 years of experience in an analytical/consulting role with experience analyzing data
- A degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience working within large datasets and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and ability to effectively convey insights from analyses to senior leaders
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- High proficiency in Excel and MS Office; SQL or other programming languages a plus
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outings
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.